Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented UX Web Accessibility Specialist, JAWS, Dragon (144571). Do you have experience with Accessibility tools like JAWS and Dragon? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will clearly summarize accessibility findings and provide recommendations for remediation, including code-level recommendations and solutions. You will facilitate team playbacks and training sessions in an effective way that focuses on creating a shared understanding to improve quality of work and execution of firm standards. You will also create and apply business and technical knowledge to ensure adherence to Web Accessibility Standards (WCAG 2.0/2.1) to ensure high-quality recommendations are made for business and enterprise software solutions. You will develop, coordinate and implement services, programs and activities in coordination with various stakeholders to support firm accessibility initiatives. You will build and maintain effective partnerships with firm peers to increase the awareness and importance of digital accessibility on campus and advance the accessibility of the firm’s public web properties and digital artifacts. You will serve as an effective spokesperson for digital accessibility. You will also establish and maintain effective relationships across departments, business areas, and vendors. You will demonstrated ability to drive multiple development efforts varying in size and complexity that make accessibility impacts for all users of the company systems. Development engagements can last from several months to multiple years in duration. You will own self-development, staying current with digital accessibility techniques and tools, and demonstrate out-of-the-box thinking. You will work independently utilizing the POUR Methodology of web accessibility (Perceivable, Operable, Understandable, and Robust), UX standards, and IS Standards, escalating issues to leaders as needed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Instructional Design or Computer Science preferred, or related work experience
- 2+ years of experience assessing digital materials (Interfaces, PDFs, etc.) that adhere to accessibility standards (WCAG, WAI-ARIA)
- 2+ years of experience with accessibility standards and guidelines (WCAG, WAI-AIRA).
- Proficient with multiple accessibility and assistive technology testing tools such as JAWS, Dragon, ZoomText, Deque Axe Auditor, Wave, IBM Equal Access Accessibility Checker, IDE linting tools.
- 2+ years of experience conducting system analysis; planning, designing, analyzing, testing, and implementing accessibility solutions.
- Experience with working collaboratively with product teams to develop, maintain, and implement applications, regarding digital accessibility technologies, policies, standards, and best practices
- 2+ years of experience documenting test plans, expected test results, actual test results, identified issues, and steps to replicate accessibility findings
- Knowledgeable in multiple user experience disciplines (Research, Design, Engineering), techniques, and processes
- Proficient in mentoring and/or coaching multiple product teams within an agile software development organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills, and the ability to present ideas, thoughts, arguments, and information clearly.
- Expert in facilitating remediation of accessibility issues with little guidance
- Proficient in creating and maintaining best practice documentation and practices, used across multiple systems and functional areas
- IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC), Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS), or other certification is desired
- Responds well to direction, embraces feedback, and champions change
- Ideal candidate will have experience and understanding of financial services industry and regulatory requirements
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time.
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: UX, Accessibility
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.