Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Test Engineer (148430). Do you have experience with QA/QC software testing environment? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Ensuring high quality software functionality
- Assessing and evaluating quality assurance test requirements to determine the scope of the functionality to be covered by testing
- Designing, producing, executing, and maintaining software test plans and test cases
- Testing applications while documenting, tracking, and reporting on defects
- Analyzing test results, leveraging troubleshooting skills to assist with defining root cause, and conducting re-testing after defects are addressed
- Providing and monitoring quality control checkpoints
- Publishing test results for internal customers
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience as a Test Engineer
- Experience in a QA/QC software testing environment, including identifying required testing, performing analysis, and developing associated test plans
- Experience testing Java-based web and client/server GUI applications
- SQL knowledge/experience
- Strong knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- Experience testing APIs/Web Services
- Experience with Postman and/or SoapUI
- Experience with MS Office suite, including Word and Excel
- Experience using vendor software testing tools, such as JIRA and Zephyr, to create and execute test scripts and log and track defects
- Ability to be productive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate in a clear, concise manner and effectively interact with the application development team in test progress, risks, and defect resolution
- Effectively manages time, with the ability to multi-task and work independently
- Strong detail and process-oriented skills
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycles (SDLC) (Waterfall, Agile, Kanban, Scrum) and understanding how the role of testing fits into this lifecycle
- Experience testing Microsoft/SQL Server/.NET applications
- Knowledge of structured testing techniques
- Testing on mobile phones (Android, IOS)
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Testing Engineer, SOA, API, Web Services, Postman, SoapUI, QA/QC
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
All offers of employment at Technology Partners are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and drug screening that meet corresponding laws and regulations at the city, state and federal level.