Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Systems Engineer, Unix (145148). Do you have experience with Unix? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
This position will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing, maintaining, documenting, and supporting IBM AIX and Power hardware. Administration and support of backup, systems management, and middleware products running on UNIX will also be the responsibility of this position. The Engineer 2 evaluates and integrates software and hardware requests, and also provides issue and problem resolution and performs disaster recovery exercises. The Engineer 2 may provide instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years system engineering/adminsitration expereince
- Excellent knowledge of IBM AIX 7.1 along with Power hardware is essential
- Experience with PowerVM technologies, especially Logical Partitions (LPARs), Virtual I/O Servers (VIOS), Hardware Management Consoles (HMCs), as well as Network Installation Manager (NIM)
- Experience with system performance monitoring and tuning utilities
- Experience working with Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage(NAS), and common open-source software such as Apache HTTP Server
- Experience writing and maintaining shell scripts is required
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation and perform night and weekend maintenance
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Perl and/or Jython skills are a plus
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software products
- Experience with the following applications/systems is a plus:
- Weblogic and Tomcat application servers
- Tivioli Workload Schedular (TWS)
- Administration and support of other platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Management Information Systems
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!