Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Support Engineer, Application Support (145072). Do you have experience with Support Engineering? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will investigate, diagnose, and resolve complex issues without known solutions; may make recommendations and define action plans. Tracks, diagnoses, replicates, troubleshoots, and resolves issues involving the end-user computing environment and possible software or vehicle issues. Resolves issues escalated from any support group or customer. Supports efforts to identify and eliminate the root cause of issues in the environment. Creates documentation of knowledge resulting from investigative and support activities and publishes this information to support future occurrences. Leverages internal technical expertise, including higher-level engineers, knowledge, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to client issues. Assists others with working a case; utilizes area of expertise to facilitate solutions for the client. Participates in technical communications within team to share best practices and learn about new technologies. Focuses on an area of technical specialization and stays up to date on knowledge related to area. Assists with task automation and process improvements, as directed. Maintains established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards. Protects our customers, employees, and brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; follows security policies and procedures.
Required Skills & Experience:
- A self-starter that relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish individual and team goals
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members, clients and external partners
- 2+ years of application support or software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience supporting java based applications
- Proven track record of taking initiative and driving a plan effectively
- Experience building and maintaining relationships across teams and with external business partners
- Experience assisting with the development of standards, processes, and procedures for the department
- Ability to provide continuous improvements for applications, processes, and teams
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated, dependable and maintains high attention to detail
- Experienced and comfortable with research and design methods and techniques
- Aptitude to learn a system and investigate, diagnose, and resolve complex issues without known solutions
- Ability to create thorough and clear documentation of knowledge resulting from support activities for future use
- An absolute commitment to delivering a great customer experience
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or relevant experience in a related field
- Experience with various techniques and tools, such as Bitbucket, Jira, Maven, Jenkins, Service Integration, HTML 5/JS/CSS, Java
- Comfort/Exposure/Experience with Automotive technologies
- Comfort/Exposure/Experience with IoT/Connected Car concepts
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.