Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Sr. Software Engineer, Front- End, Angular (148314). Do you have experience with Front-End and Angular? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Identify and coordinate architectural improvements for modernizing the VITEK 2 medical device software found in most hospital laboratories to determine the best antibiotics to treat millions of infected patients each year.
- Realize your vision by working with and mentoring lead developers to ensure all software components are high-quality and cleanly coded.
- Assist developers to solve particularly challenging development problems. Create prototype solutions to examine options and advise the development team.
- Guide developers on applying agile principles and XP practices such as test/behavior-driven development, story grooming and continuous improvement via retrospectives. Participate in pair-programming.
- Collaborate with leads from other disciplines (firmware, microbiology, biomathematics to define and manage interfaces between the software and those groups.
- Advise on balancing customer needs, technical complexity, and the long-term vision of system capabilities.
- Sustain the ongoing effort to migrate a monolithic architecture into independent deployable components.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related scientific discipline, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 or more years of experience of Java and web development.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Agile development practices (test-driven development, pair programming, refactoring)
- Java and common open-source frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, JUnit, other)
- Analysis and design experience including Design Patterns
- Service-based or Microservice architecture and REST concepts
- Automated unit and acceptance testing
- Relational database design and application
- Servlet containers (Tomcat, Jetty, other) and basic HTTP server configuration
- Build and continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Gradle, other)
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Networking and security concepts (certificates, Windows domains, LDAP, other)
- Recent front-end experience needed (Angular)
- Automated installation/deployment processes (Ansible, InnoSetup, Wix, other)
- Application cybersecurity analysis or remediation
- Other languages such as Kotlin or Go
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: senior software engineer, front-end, angularjs, rest, springboot, hibernate
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
All offers of employment at Technology Partners are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and drug screening that meet corresponding laws and regulations at the city, state and federal level.