Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Sr Programmer Analyst, COBOL, CICS, DB2 – 145640. Do you have experience with COBOL? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Mainframe Application Developer to join our Tech. Duties include providing high-quality solutions by coding, testing, debugging, documenting and maintaining programs. Developing and modifying moderately complex information systems involving most phases of systems analysis and programming. Provide program and system level estimates. Conduct code walkthroughs to assure quality of programs developed by other associates. Provide system support. Participate in the team’s on call support rotation. We are looking for candidates to be part of core agile delivery team member on a variety of software development and integration project with good Mainframe technology experience and Client server technology. Candidate must be proficient in COBOL, CICS, DB2, TSO and other mainframe tools. As developer on the team you will provide high quality technology solutions and support that address business needs from the Compliance department. You will utilize Mainframe tools: COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2, MQ, ISPW and CA7, adhere to coding/testing standards and procedures. You will participate in Scrum planning sessions with Scrum master and agile team members to analyze business requirements and provide IT solutions. You will document and lead design reviews, provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and comply with Agile Lean project Methodology.
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 8 years experience in CICS, File-aid, DB2, COBOL, CA7 and JCL.
- Experience with Client server technology is an advantage.
- Experience with automated testing tools.
- Minimum six years experience of relevant development life cycle in applications development.
- Experience working on high volume, mission critical batch and on-line systems is a definite plus.
- Proven ability to design unit test cases/plans, successfully execute those plans, and deliver high quality code on schedule
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills are a must.
- Excellent written and oral skills are necessary.
- Must be a self-starter dedicated to completing all projects on time and within budget.
- Must have solid debugging skills
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Java, .Net or open systems development skills a huge plus.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: CICS, DB2, JCL, Java, .NET, automation
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.