Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Sr. Oracle DBA, PeopleSoft (144872). Do you have experience with Oracle? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will ensure acceptable database availability and response time by leading database problem diagnosis and resolution, proactive performance monitoring, and performance tuning. Build automations for routine DBA tasks and provide self service capabilities for application developers. Provides technical leadership, advice, and mentoring to: DBAs, application developers, project leaders, and business users. Designs (logically and physically) large, complex, business-critical databases based on business requirements gathered from application development teams and business users. Ensures compliance with audit, security, and regulatory requirements. Provide DBA support for complex software installation and maintenance, including major upgrades. Understanding of and commitment to protecting the integrity, security and privacy of the firm’s critical business data. Promote data quality and enforce data integrity.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 9 years of experience / subject matter expert in Oracle.
- Minimum of 9 years of experience with one or more of the following
- Database tools, such as: SQL Developer, OEM / Grid, Toad, Foglight database monitoring tool and ERWIN Data Modeler
- Physical and logical replication, examples include: Quest Shareplex or Data Guard (Oracle)
- Minimum of 9 years of experience with more than one of the following: Linux, current release of Oracle, PL/SQL, ASM, SQL tuning, data modeling, Performance Tuning, replication knowledge, development life cycle methodologies, Linux scripts
- Knowledge about other databases like Microsoft SQL Server or NoSQL databases like MONGO etc. is a plus
- Experience in automation, DevOps and agile methodology
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work with agile teams
- Ability to make or review decisions on problems with high visibility, and high risk to the firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical issues in business terms
- Excellent relationship-management, organizational, communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in both a team environment and as an individual contributor
- Provide feedback on peers to the leaders
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Oracle, PeopleSoft
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.