Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Sr. Database Administrator, SQL, Transact-SQL – 145657. Do you have experience with SQL and Transact-SQL? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will proactively monitor the database systems to ensure that available and secure services are provided to IT customers with minimum downtime. Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL development. Creates, maintains and tests backup and disaster recovery plans. Responsible for the maintenance of the databases including rollout and upgrades. Responsible for implementation and release of database changes. Provides trend analysis to the management team enabling them to make informed decisions regarding resources. Develops sufficient knowledge of the current IT applications and technology such that solutions meet the division’s objectives. Acquires knowledge of emerging technologies to analyze and offer solutions to current business application challenges. Develops and enforces the division’s IT application standards.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative in working on database projects.
- Ability to manage internal and external MS SQL database security.
- Strong analytical, organizational, documentation, and communications skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, deadline-oriented environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in developing windows and/or web-based SQL applications.
- 1-3 years of experience in a database management role.
- Experience managing multiple Microsoft SQL 2005/2008 on large systems.
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning databases.
- In-depth, hands-on experience with Transactional SQL, and stored procedures.
- In-depth SQL server database administration experience.
- Microsoft SQL server certification is preferred.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: SQL, Transact-SQL
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.