Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Software Engineer II (147802). Do you have experience with Oracle DBA, Python and Unix Korn scripting? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
As an Engineer 2, Database Administration, you will play a significant role in the implementation and maintenance of Oracle production databases. In addition, you will monitor daily database activities and overall performance, growth and tuning configurations as well as the security of the databases. You will assist with process improvements and change activities. We are looking for a self-starter that will maintain established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3 years of experience with Unix Korn Shell scripting
- 3 years of experience with Python scripting
- 3 years of experience in an Oracle DBA position, or related experience
- 1 year of Oracle database platform experience
- Proficient Oracle DBA knowledge including upgrades, patching, RMAN backup/recovery
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) version 10g or higher
- Strong communication skills with the ability to transcend the organization with appropriate levels of detail
- Strong teamwork, decision-making, documentation and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Service Management best practices (Incident, Problem, and Change Management)
- Experience protecting Confidential and Highly-Confidential database content
- Must be committed to incorporating security
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: oracle dba, python, unix korn, oracle enterprise manager, database administration
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.