Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Software Engineer, VMware, Automation (144513). Do you have experience with VMWare? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will provide subject matter expertise and have proficiency with multiple core technologies in our private cloud environments, including Windows and Linux operating systems, Configuration Management technologies (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Cloud Provider), Container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker), Scripting Languages (Python, Node, PowerShell, Java), Infrastructure As Code Development (Terraform, Cloud Formation, Packer), monitoring and setting up of alerts for Cloud / Infrastructure components, Cloud specific networking / software defined networking (SDN) and security components and services. You will provide technical guidance and develop strategic technical direction for the corporation within the scope of Cloud Platform Operations concerning product features, upgrade/migration strategies, new product/feature evaluation, and various technology solutions to improve and enhance overall operational capabilities in the public/hybrid cloud environments. You will have in-depth knowledge of VMware vRealize Automation and Orchestrator. You will create standards for unit, functional test and deployment automation solutions. You will also build scalable, consistent platform solutions with cloud computing technologies: AWS and company on premises private Cloud. You will engage in critical problem resolution and continuous improvement activities. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization following agile methodologies. You will develop and implement plans for and provide operational support and life-cycle management of the services and infrastructure that reside in the cloud provider accounts. You will be responsible for adherence to corporate regulatory and compliance requirements. You will manage the development, compliance, and documentation of procedures and processes required to support Cloud Platform Operations. You will direct and guide vendor and consultant resources. You will also collaborate and consult with vendor and other DTO teams to ensure that technology decisions enable automation capabilities and enhance operational excellence goals. You will represent Cloud Platform Operations and its technical capabilities in cross-functional meetings with business customers and other Digital departments.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent computer or business related major degree from an accredited college or university required.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in common tools/providers In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Relevant experience in Infrastructure as Code development (Terraform or Cloud Formation) preferred.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible) preferred.
- Relevant experience in an agile development environment preferred.
- Proficiency with infrastructure monitoring tools such as Splunk, AWS CloudWatch preferred.
- Working understanding of Container Technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes preferred.
- General Competencies – – Basic understanding of cyber security, computer, networking and storage concepts – Exceptional customer service skills – Software development lifecycle understanding
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: vSphere, automation, VMware
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.