Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Software Engineer, Python, Ansible – 146622. Do you have experience with software engineering? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will create, modify, and support vRealize Automation (vRA and vRO) workflows within our on-premise VMWare Stack. This include provisioning, decommissioning, and tasks in between for Windows Server and Linux Server. Provide subject matter expertise and have proficiency with multiple core technologies in our private cloud environments, including Windows and Linux operating systems, Configuration Management technologies (SALT, Chef, Ansible, Cloud Provider), Container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker), Scripting Languages (Python, Node, PowerShell, Java), Infrastructure As Code Development (Terraform, Cloud Formation, Packer), monitoring and setting up of alerts for Cloud / Infrastructure components, Cloud specific networking / software defined networking (SDN) and security components and services.
Provide technical guidance and develop strategic technical direction for the corporation within the scope of Cloud Platform Operations concerning product features, upgrade/migration strategies, new product/feature evaluation, and various technology solutions to improve and enhance overall operational capabilities in the public/hybrid cloud environments. Create standards for unit, functional test and deployment automation solutions. Build scalable, consistent platform solutions with cloud computing technologies: AWS and Ameren on premises private Cloud. Engage in critical problem resolution and continuous improvement activities. Collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization following agile methodologies. Develop and implement plans for and provide operational support and life-cycle management of the services and infrastructure that reside in the cloud provider accounts. Responsible for adherence to corporate regulatory and compliance requirements. Manage the development, compliance, and documentation of procedures and processes required to support Cloud Platform Operations.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent computer or business related major degree from an accredited college or university required.
- 5+ years of experience with VMware, vCenter, vSphere, Windows Server administration and Linux OS administration. (VCF Experience a plus).
- Strong experience automating with vRealize Automation (VRA) and vRealize Orchestrator (VRO).
- Fluent in Python and PowerShell.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Relevant experience in Infrastructure as Code development (Terraform or Cloud Formation) preferred.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible) preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of the planning, design, implementation and troubleshooting of network systems.
- Relevant experience in an agile development environment preferred.
- Proficiency with infrastructure monitoring tools such as Splunk, AWS CloudWatch preferred
- Working understanding of Container Technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes preferred
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: software engineering, software engineer, VMware, Python, Ansible
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.