Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Software Engineer, Java, Risk Management (144296). Do you have experience with Spring and Hibernate? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
We are seeking an innovative and results-driven developer in our growing Risk Management (Insurance Services) area. This area is focused on the development of products and services for various stakeholders throughout the Risk Management lifecycle. This represents an opportunity for the right candidate to help drive the development of this new business line while also establishing a modern technology platform. As an Engineer 3 on the Risk Management Team, you will possess in-depth knowledge of specific technical areas but also a thirst for opportunities to work with different, fresh, and applicable technologies. You will look forward to hands-on development every day. This includes building and implementing cutting edge user interaction and backend services to make our users’ jobs easier, faster, and more profitable. You will set and adhere to best practices with a team of experienced product owners, architects, leads, developers and business resources to build scalable, reusable, and resilient applications. You will be using a variety of Agile/Scrum practices to deliver creative and complex solutions to customers. You will not only seek first to understand existing business practices but also to challenge users conventions in an effort to find more optimal workflows where possible. As an Engineer 3 you will design, develop and modify many different elements of technology. You will be required to understand advanced methods, theories and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy. As an Engineer 3, we will be looking to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner within and outside of your department. You will be leading implementations and providing viable recommendations for implementing new solutions. You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments; ensuring deadlines are met. Daily activities will include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture to improve the overall quality and integration. You will also be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- 5+ years of Java or related development experience
- 2+ years of experience with frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, Struts
- 2+ years of experience creating and implementing SQL
- Proven experience with Web Services
- Experience with front end development on a modern framework
- Ability to collaborate on both ends of the business and technical spectrum
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Resiliency in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- High energy and personal drive
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience writing Java applications that take advantage of the most recent features of the language
- Experience with utilizing and implementing the Atlassian Suite (Jira, Bamboo, Clover, Stash, etc.)
- Experience with open source frameworks and tools such as Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Spring, Hibernate
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!