Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Software Engineer, Java – 146566. Do you have experience with Java? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
As an Engineer 2, you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on moderate to complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technologies effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research, and investigation and making recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high-quality solutions that align with customer expectations. In this role on the Vehicle Services team, you will work with the team to enforce the full life-cycle of the vehicle from the time our cars are ordered to when they are finally sold as used vehicles. You will get a chance to support other IT clients teams by working on the implementation of new projects and enhancements for our web services and applications. You will be responsible for understanding/troubleshooting/resolving issues and providing feedback to the clients by developing prototypes and performing application coding and programming. In addition, you will perform unit and integration testing and assist with developing unit test scripts. This role will require you to have strong knowledge of Java, which will enable you to research and identify issues as well as make changes to data in the databases that we support.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- 3+ years of Java-based software development or related experience
- 1+ years of experience with Rest/Soap Web Services
- 1+ years of Spring and Hibernate experience
- Must possess a deep understanding of OO design patterns
- Knowledge of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- 6+ months experience in Unix Operating system.
- Must have strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to various levels of management and with people with varying
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high demand, and challenging environment
- Must possess initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience creating and implementing PL/SQL in Oracle Database Environment
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and tools such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools
- Experience with source control management (GIT or SVN experience preferred)
- Experience with AWS – EC2, SQS, S3, etc.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.