Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Software Engineer, Java (144648). Do you have experience with Java? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. You will serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research, and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high-quality solutions that align with customer expectations. As an Engineer 3 on this team, you will be responsible for the development activities required to maintain and enhance the Connected Car Services in support of the Connected Car global expansion. These expansion efforts will include system changes to support additional countries, OEMs, and functional use cases. Expansion and system changes will also be driven by new functional use cases and new internal company applications and business segments. Connected Car data will continue to be consumed using the company API Marketplace based APIs. In addition, you will also be responsible for Production Operations responsibilities including monitoring/alerting, automation activities, and application development.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or related field is required
- Must have at least 5+ years of related experience
- Must have at least 2+ years of Java development experience
- Must have at least 1+ years of experience with AWS, Azure, or other equivalent public cloud technologies
- Must have at least 1+ years of experience with API Development, including Swagger documentation/ design
- Must have experience with the following technologies: Bitbucket, Jira, Maven, Jenkins, Splunk logging, and dashboard management
- Experience with full lifecycle development
- Strong & reliable troubleshooting/ problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and accomplish initiatives from start to finish when faced with challenges or complex decision making
- Must be comfortable in the definition of alternative paths to complex design or defect resolutions including pros/ cons and recommendations
- Ability to start with a blank canvas, working beyond traditional role boundaries (fail fast/ test & learn mentality)
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of Vehicle Services, VOS/CVD, Rental Clients, Maintenance Systems, Data Engineering, API Marketplace among other company systems
- Experience with microservices
- Experience with AWS Lambda
- Experience with Azure/ Databricks, Scala, Spark
- Experience with serverless/ containers/ container technologies
- Comfort/ exposure/ experience with Automotive technologies
- Comfort/ exposure/ experience with IoT/ Connected Car concepts
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.