Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Software Engineer, Big Data, Python, Java – 146825. Do you have experience with Python and Java? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will design, build and support cloud and open-source systems to process geospatial data assets via an API-based platform. Partner with other internal development communities to bring needed data sets into the asset and make data available to the company’s Enterprise and internal development communities. Building highly scalable APIs and associative architecture to support thousands of requests per second. Being able to work across multiple teams internal/external to gather requirements and ensure project development is aligned to those requirements. Being able to improve the performance of the existing services and be able to identify the scope for any enhancements. Being able to work with parsing, managing, analyzing, and making available large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms. Working at all stages of the software life cycle: Proof of Concept, MVP, Production, and Deprecation The big data engineer should be able to develop prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected solutions.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant job experience
- Minimum of 3-year experience with Java and minimum of 1-year experience with Python programming language.
- Knowledge in additional programming or scripting languages including but not limited to Scala, Node.js, and Go.
- Experience developing HTTP APIs (Open API, REST, and/or GraphQL) which serve up data in an open-source technology, preferably in a cloud environment
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with stream processing, e.g., Kafka
- Ability to build and maintain modern cloud architecture, e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Experience with code versioning and dependency management systems such as GitHub and Maven.
- Proven success utilizing Docker to build and deploy within a CI/CD Environment, preferably using Kubernetes and ArgoCD
Desired Skills & Experience:
- MSc in Computer Science or related field
- Highly proficient (5 years) in Java or Python
- Experience with developing HTTP APIs using common Java or Python frameworks (SpringBoot, Flask, FastAPI, Django)
- Experience creating cloud computing solutions and web applications leveraging public and private APIs
- Proven experience (2 years) with distributed systems, e.g., Argo, Kubernetes, Spark, distributed databases, grid computing
- Proficient (4+ years) working in a Command Line Interface system e.g Docker, Argo, K8s, AWS CLI, GCloud, pSQL, SSH .
- Experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns, implementing complex data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, and delivery of large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms in large-scale data infrastructure.
- Experience working with customers/other developers to deliver full-stack development solutions, good understanding of technical requirements in an Agile environment, and capable of deciding on the needed hardware and software design needs and act accordingly.
- Demonstrated knowledge of agriculture and/or agriculture-oriented businesses.
- Demonstrated experience working with geospatial data and open-source geospatial platforms.
- Quick learners of modern technologies or new programming languages.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Python, Java
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.