Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Business Analyst (147155). Do you have experience with microbiology and business analysis? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
The Software Business Analyst will analyze and specify new software features, and serve as the focal point for knowledge transfer between the software team, the R&D departments, who are responsible for creating innovate IVD solutions. Specifically, the Business Analyst will:
- Establish a close working relationship with the internal customers. Demonstrate fundamental consulting and communication skills of listening, writing, presentation, abstraction, and negotiation, and will comfortably interact with all levels of leadership.
- Elicit requirements using a variety of techniques to articulate the user needs and desired system capabilities.
- Validate requirements for quality attributes, such as clarity, conciseness, correctness, completeness, testability, and traceability.
- Understand the business domains and be proactive in identifying areas for improvement.
- Translate requirements into specifications to reflect and confirm understanding of the requirements.
- Document requirements and specifications, including complex business logic and business rules using appropriate tools.
- Apply best practices to ensure optimal user experience.
- Manage and prioritize requirements to ensure that scope is consistent with expectations.
- Support software verification and validation activities.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related field with 2+ years’ experience in industry, or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, abstraction, and negotiation with ability to comfortably interact with all levels of leadership. Excellent meeting-facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the business analysis of software projects, including: Requirements management, Use cases and user stories, Subject Matter Expert (SME) sessions, Rapid mock-ups, Documenting business processes and workflows
- Experience in documenting complex business logic and business rules using appropriate tools; demonstrated ability to create and maintain complex documentation.
- Experience working through various phases of software development lifecycle, including some or all of the following: feasibility, development, software verification, systems verification, and/or software validation
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Microbiologist with clinical, research, or other microbiology lab experience to function as a Software Business Analyst
- ISO/FDA regulated environment as a member of a product development organization (medical device or biotech industry).
- Experience working in a clinical or industry (food, veterinary, pharma, cosmetics) laboratory
- Certification in business analyst through accredited course of study
- Experience using a requirements management tool
- Experience working as member of an Agile team
- Iterative software development methodologies and/or Agile
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: business analyst, microbiology
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.