Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Site Reliability Engineer, GCP (144906). Do you have experience with GCP? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will support development, architecture and operational teams for performance/capacity related issues associated with complex multi-tier distributed platforms during the SDLC and post-production. Support/coordinate new Build/Run initiatives prior to production and assure product readiness including infrastructure recommendations, software/script development, load/chaos testing, optimization, SLO definition, capacity planning, and observation/alerting. Support Self-Service performance testing helping teams overcome test scenario design challenges. Review source code and identify bottlenecks. Identify opportunities to improve performance and scale. Perform new POCs for newer technologies and architectural patterns to help teams make informed decisions. Define new SLOs for services and applications. Perform workload analysis/help teams define testing scenarios to meet non-functional SLA requirements defined by the business. Work to reduce/minimize ongoing runtime costs through efficient throttling/queuing/pooling/autoscaling across application and infrastructure tiers. Proactively identify anomalies and opportunities in platforms in production to achieve greater performance/scale and recommend to impacted teams for future planning. Define performance quality gates and support canary development CI/CD scenarios around performance for teams. Support Performance Analytics, Testing and Observation infrastructure as needed. Introduce and evaluate new technologies and tools for performance measurement, observation, profiling, debugging, simulation, etc.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience supporting/troubleshooting large scale multi-tier distributed on-premise and cloud applications.
- Experience architecting, developing and setting up new infrastructure solutions for hybrid in-cloud/on-premise applications
- Experience in Capacity Planning or Performance Engineering and leveraging predictive analytics to determine needed scaling patterns for platforms.
- Experience in Web Development and/or Web Service creation
- Demonstrable cross-functional knowledge with systems, storage, networking, security, and databases.
- Experience with Linux commands and OS related performance utilities
- Experience using observation tools such as Splunk or Dynatrace.
- Experienced Architect in GCP, Kubernetes, and Google AppEngine
- Experience leveraging messaging frameworks such as Kafka or Pub/Sub solutions
- Experience with LRU/MRU caching schemes and solutions leveraging MemCached or Redis for achieving scale/performance.
- Experience developing basic SpringBoot services and using the Spring Framework.
- Experience or familiarity in web development creating web sites using modern single page MVC frameworks.
- Experienced in performance tracing/profiling using Google Developer Tools
- Experience with Jetty, Tomcat/F5 Load Balancers, Apache Web Servers, and Adobe Experience Manager
- Expertise in Adobe Experience Manager optimization
- Experience with SQL and database scaling/replication schemes
- Familiar with tools used for front end analysis such as Lighthouse, Page Speed Metrics, WebpageTest, GTMetrix and browser developer tools.
- Experience using MongoDB/Atlas and Postgres
- Experience with AngularJS, React and Vue
- Experience tuning/optimizing runtime environments for Java (JVMs), Nodejs and Python for the best performance.
- Experience with DevOps/Quality gating concepts, Canary deployments and automation associated with CI/CD deployments.
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture integration patterns and domain model driven design addressing proper separation of concerns for an application/microservices and core web services.
- Experience working in operations and/or performance engineering/testing.
- Experience using observation tools StackDriver, Dynatrace, Splunk, Quantum Metrics, and Akamai solutions. Experience using cloud profiling tools and JVM tools like JProfiler/Java Flight Recorder.
- Experience in Testing methodologies and metrics using tools like JMeter, NeoLoad, LoadRunner or other.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies and having Agile/DevOps mindset
- A passion for automation with a desire to eliminate toil whenever possible.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Experience using GIT and industry build tools.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: CI/CD, Git, DevOps, AEM, Adobe, SQL, Java, Web services, Kubernetes, Kafka
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!