Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior Unix Engineer, Infrastructure (145372). Do you have experience with Unix? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
As an Senior Unix Engineer (Engineer 2) you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- 3 or more years of combined infrastructure engineering experience
- 3 or more years of experience managing Unix systems performance
- Experience in Atlassian Jira administration in a large organization
- Understanding of Jira workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screen schemes etc
- Good understanding in customizing Atlassian Jira including:
- Adding custom fields, defining field configurations and schemes
- Building custom workflows including use of conditions, validators, post-functions
- Building custom screens, screen schemes
- Access Management using permission schemes, groups, roles
- Experience with Jira automation, subscriptions, notification schemes
- Manage and maintain Jira projects, test plans, templates, workflows and permissions
- Create Jira dashboards for progress, status management and metrics tracking
- Experience working directly with users to gather requirements and make recommendations to meet user needs
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience working with 3rd party hosting
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Experience with Microsoft 365 and Service Now
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Unix, Infrastructure, JIRA, Atlassian
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!