Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior Systems Engineer, Unix, Linux – 146618. Do you have experience with Linux? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will coordinate and implement regular patching for platform systems including AIX, Linux, Windows, Oracle, WebLogic and Tomcat. Participate in large scale upgrade efforts such as operating system and hardware upgrades. Help to plan and implement modern technologies to our infrastructure such as migrating our applications to the cloud. Review and address security vulnerabilities at the server and backend level. Support our backend processes such as our build and deployment system and code repository. Monitor and address issues within the general health of the system including CPU, Memory, I/O and space management. Frequently work with other platform and infrastructure teams in the company including Unix, Linux, Windows, Performance Management and Dev Tools. Manage recurring processes such as password maintenance on systems IDs and updating our security certificates. Maintain our hardware including setting up new servers and environments and decommissioning old ones. Be able to assist with implementing automation tasks within Solution Support and throughout the department. On Call rotation support.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- The Senior Systems Engineer position requires 3+ years of related experience
- 3+ years working in a Unix or Linux command line environment
- 1+ years’ experience working with a relational database
- Must possess effective analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good time management and prioritization skills
- Must be able to effectively collaborate in working with others
- Must possess initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- 1+ years’ experience working in a Windows server environment
- 1+ years’ experience working with middleware software including – WebLogic and Tomcat
- 1+ years of experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure
- Knowledge of security tools like Nexpose and Whitehat
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology and tools like Jira, Confluence
- Knowledge of open-source tools like Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket and Maven
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Linux, Unix
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!