Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer, Java, Big Data (145404). Do you have experience with Java? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Senior Software Engineer – Java in IT Revenue Management, you will be responsible for building and maintaining solutions that allow Revenue Managers to grow and maintain competitive business strategies, in an ever-growing global market. You will be responsible for applying your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. As a Senior Software Engineer – Java you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years of related experience
- 3+ years of experience developing software applications using Java or other object oriented programming languages (Can include education experience)
- Must have good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with various IT teams and business representatives
- Must have good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced production environment and have the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Must have experience in full life-cycle development and end-to-end testing
- Must have the ability to effectively collaborate and work with others in a remote work environment
- Must demonstrate the ability to be flexible with changing priorities and requirements
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Knowledge and working experience with Agile methodologies
- Basic understanding or exposure to streaming analytics, unstructured data ingestion, and other real-time integration methodologies
- Experience with Hadoop and Big Data technologies (Nifi, Storm, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with AWS, or other Public Cloud environments
- Experience with HBase or other No SQL DBMSs
- Experience with Revenue Management concepts and business discipline
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with Git/Jenkins for configuration management and software build/deployments
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Java, Big Data
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!