Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer II (148471). Do you have experience with Automation and Spring Boot? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Senior Software Engineer and Application Architect, you will play a pivotal role in the modernization of the VITEK 2 medical device software. This software is a cornerstone in most hospital laboratories, helping to determine the best antibiotics for millions of infected patients annually. Originally developed as part of the Spacelab program and updated in the early 2000s, the system is undergoing a transformation to provide treatment recommendations for the next two decades.
- Lead and mentor a team of developers to ensure the highest quality and clean code in all software components.
- Collaborate with the development team to solve complex challenges and create prototype solutions to explore options.
- Guide the team in applying agile principles and XP practices, including test-driven development and continuous improvement.
- Work closely with teams from other disciplines (firmware, microbiology, biomathematics) to define and manage software interfaces.
- Provide expertise in balancing customer needs, technical complexity, and the long-term vision of the system.
- Lead the effort to migrate from a monolithic architecture to independent deployable components.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related scientific discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 or more years of experience in Java and web development.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English
- Agile development practices (test-driven development, pair programming, refactoring).
- Java and common open-source frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, JUnit, others).
- Object-oriented analysis and design, including Design Patterns.
- Service-based or Microservice architecture and REST concepts.
- Automated unit and acceptance testing.
- Relational database design and application.
- Servlet containers (Tomcat, Jetty, others) and basic HTTP server configuration.
- Build and continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Gradle, others)
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Networking and security concepts (certificates, Windows domains, LDAP, others).
- Automated installation and deployment processes (Ansible, InnoSetup, Wix, others).
- Application cybersecurity analysis or remediation.
- Knowledge of other languages such as Kotlin or Go.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Automation, Spring Boot, Java, Jenkins, Gradle, Hibernate, JUnit
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
All offers of employment at Technology Partners are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and drug screening that meet corresponding laws and regulations at the city, state and federal level.