Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Data Engineering (145398). Do you have experience with CRITICALSKILL ? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
In this role on the Cloud Data Engineering team, you will be a part of a team responsible for migrating existing data platform solutions to the cloud. You will also collaborate with others to develop new data pipelines. As a data engineer in the Cloud Data Engineering team, you will need to work in a data-first mindset. You will use Microsoft Azure Cloud PaaS technologies to engineer our data solutions in a way that allows us to optimize our information, make better decisions, and meet our customer’s needs. If you have a passion for engineering, working with massive amounts of data, and empowering smart business decisions, this is the role for you.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- 3+ years professional development experience in one of the following languages: Scala and/or Java 7 above
- 3+ years professional experience working with large datasets and complex data environments, processes, and associated solutions
- 3+ years professional experience writing and tuning complex SQL queries, and the ability to analyze and make recommendations on results
- 3+ years professional experience in full lifecycle development and end-to-end testing
- Must have good oral and written communication skills to communicate with various IT teams and business representatives effectively
- Must be able to both collaborate in a team-oriented environment, and work independently while providing direction to other team members
- Must have good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, including debugging multi-threaded applications
- Experience with configuration management and build automation capabilities such as Git/Jenkins
- Must have previous experience leading large scale projects
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Experience working with Kafka, EventHub or event-based technologies
- Experience working with Apache Spark
- Experience with PaaS (Azure, AWS, or other Public Cloud environments)
- Experience with API development
- Experience working with unstructured data
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash Shell, Python, or PowerShell
- Experience with Big Data solutions and No SQL DBMSs
- Experience with dependency management such as Maven or SBT
- Experience with functional programming and functional programming design patterns
- Knowledge and working experience with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Teradata data warehousing and SAS business analytics technologies to support migration to Microsoft Azure cloud data platform
- Experience in a mentor-ship role working within a software development team
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Java, Azure, Software Engineer, cloud, SDLC
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!