Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior Software Developer & Cloud Ops Engineer (144915). Do you have experience with Python? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will work with development teams and assist with setting programming best practices and assist with rewriting code in a more performant, testable and maintainable way. Create and understand what database indexes should be created or dropped to increase performance and reduce database lock contentions. Work with and create Kubernetes Kustomization artifacts to help with tuning scaling and deploying new application to multiple Kubernetes clusters. Build tooling to improve CICD patterns for multiple development teams that are consistent with security and DevOps best practices. Coordinate and assist teams in building competencies with infrastructure using object-oriented programming and configuration management domain specific language. Continuously improve the observability of the Location360 tech stack by integrating logging, testing, metrics, tracing, dashboards, and alerts with CD pipelines. You will work with other Location360 SREs and Software Engineers to “automate all things” for our hybrid cloud platform.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Software development experience in Python and/or Golang
- Experience with relational database in general and PostgreSQL in particular
- Experience in AWS and/or GCP cloud infrastructure
- Very good communication skills and an interest in assisting other developers
- Experience in developing high performant REST APIs in Python and/or Golang
- An ability to solve complex problems quickly without having prior exposure to the problems
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with creating Kubernetes operators using Kubebuilder or Operator SDK
- Experience with Argo CD / Flux / Argo Workflows
- Experience implementing a GitOps workflow
- Experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures should be present.
- Experience creating cloud computing solutions and web applications leveraging public and private API’s
- Geospatial experience, and using Geospatial libraries like GDAL, Rasterio or experience with PostGIS
- In depth knowledge of PostgreSQL which includes understanding how PostgreSQL works at a low level
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Python, PostgreSQL, AWS
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.