Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior Project Manager, IT, Agile, API – 147078. Do you have experience with Agile and API? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
The Senior IT Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and monitoring activities of multiple project teams involved in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of IT initiatives. This position leads the definition of project scope, goals, objectives, and strategies; identifies required skills and resources for project teams; develops detailed work plans, and provides project status. The Project Manager Senior also conducts interim and post-project reviews and conducts quality assurance audits. In addition, this position anticipates and identifies project issues and risks, recommends solutions, and works with senior management to implement solutions. You are a highly experienced professional, who uses professional concepts in developing resolutions to critical issues and broad design matters. Leads operational, tactical, and strategic activities. Communicates clear, concise strategic vision and direction of the department. Provides leadership to project teams within the Cloud Data Engineering department. Plans and manages project activities within project plan and/or provides input into project activities within project plan. Works on large, complex initiatives where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors and proactive risk management. Provides escalation assistance; recommends potential solutions to issues; follows established escalation procedures; resolves complex issues. Ensures compliance to and upholds the standards, processes, and procedures. Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external representative for the organization. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team and gain consensus and cooperation of others from multiple areas/departments and business partners. Collaborates and partners with subordinates and/or functional peer groups. Collaboration may involve presentation and exchange of information. Informally and formally coaches and mentors less senior team members individually or as a group. Plans, directs, coordinates and monitors activities of project teams involved in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of Cloud Data Engineering initiatives. Collaborates with senior management to define and develop project management methodologies, standards, processes, and procedures to support the strategies of the IT organization. Leads the definition of project scope, goals, objectives and strategies; develops project work plans, project approaches, baselines, and tracking documents; controls project scope and budget; modifies work plans to reflect approved scope changes. Leads and coordinates the grooming of development backlogs. Manages and tracks change requests and associated task estimates. Anticipates and identifies project issues and risks; recommends solutions; works with senior management to implement solutions. Conducts interim and post-project reviews; assesses the need for and recommends and implements improvements for future projects. Monitors the effectiveness of established service level agreements to manage customer expectations and quality standards; negotiates and develops new service level agreements in response to changing needs.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- The Senior IT Project Manager position requires 8+ years of relevant experience managing projects in a large-scale IT environment
- Experience in communicating, managing, planning, directing, coordinating, organizing, and reporting on concurrent assigned projects
- Strong knowledge of SDLC (software development lifecycle) phases
- Strong knowledge of Agile management methodologies and tools (Kanban, Jira, Confluence)
- Strong collaboration skills and teamwork
- Must possess strong meeting facilitation, interpersonal, ownership, communication, and negotiation skills
- Proven leadership, results orientation, and self-motivation traits
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience working with cloud data teams and projects preferred
- Release Management experience is preferred
- Experience with direct and matrixed resource management preferred
- Knowledge of software technologies, tools, and processes
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Agile, API
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!