Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior Project Leader, Waterfall, PMP (145384). Do you have experience with Waterfall and PMP? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will plan, identify, analyze, monitoring and resolving project issues and risks; Identify mitigation strategies and communicating with project stakeholders. Elicit system roadmap and/or complex requirements and create estimates with an appropriate understanding of risks. Participate in planning process at the division level, looking at project impacts across departments and divisions and assisting with strategic/annual planning. Ensure project cost, schedule, scope and quality objectives are developed and met by monitoring, using metrics and controls to measure progress, taking corrective action and escalating issues when necessary; assess trade-offs using cost/benefit analysis and make recommendations to senior leaders. Monitor business objectives and provide solutions to problems that are right for the firm. Think creatively to find potential solutions and examine possibilities and outcomes. Interpret, follow and apply regulations, internal policies, procedures and guidelines. Assume high degree of risk, as decisions can impact the firm’s business, technology, performance and ability to meet the client’s needs and may include financial, tax, legal and regulatory risks. Establish and maintain effective communication and relationships across areas, divisions, outside vendors and project leaders/teams, providing timely updates of relevant data to senior leadership for decision making. Make and communicate complex decisions and recommendations, considering risks and long-term impacts. Proactively engage and escalate to senior leadership and/or vendors appropriate, providing supporting facts and options. Identify and control detailed project tasks, dependencies, critical path, contentions, risks and resources across multiple sub-projects. Develop and execute complex, integrated testing strategy, managing multiple-cycles technology migration from development through production environments and the follow-up transitions to support areas. Identify, prioritize, monitor, communicate and resolve issues that can impact a large, complex project, proactively escalating to senior leadership and/or vendors appropriate, providing supporting facts and options. Lead vendor selection, monitor vendor performance in delivery of products and services and manage vendor interactions throughout projects. Allocate, onboard, assign, and oversee resources, project leaders and technical leaders to achieve project objectives and provide development opportunities. Assist with or take responsibility for troubled projects, assessing the state of the project, recommending and implementing solutions. Effectively analyze and resolve complex problems while working with divisions across the firm; identify, prioritize, monitor, communicate and/or resolve issues and risks that impact large, complex projects that require facilitation across multiple areas. Explore multiple alternatives and arrive at appropriate decisions, aligning with department/division goals and/or firm values. Lead multiple project teams, guiding by example, demonstrating firm values, and providing guidance and training. Develop firm-wide project leadership through contributions to initiatives driven by the project management office, including the Project Leader symposium, training courses and formal mentoring.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
- 5+ years of experience leading projects with a high level of complexity/integration that includes other projects and project leaders and/or 2 years of leading technology infrastructure projects.
- Experience communicating with Senior Leaders via meetings and in writing.
- 5+ years information technology experience
- Previous information technology leadership experience preferred
- In-depth knowledge of financial industry and/or technical processes, systems and risks
- Experience using Microsoft Project and PPM tools, such as Clarity.
- Experience leading projects using both Waterfall and Agile/SAFe methodologies
- Experience as Scrum Master and associated responsibilities, including experience using Jira.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicates with project teams, other areas, other divisions and outside vendors
- Excellent relationship management, organizational, coordination and collaboration skills
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Waterfall, PMP, Scrum, infrastructure
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.