Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior Network Engineer, Firewall – 146407. Do you have experience with firewalls? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
This position is for a Senior Firewall Engineer performing support for data networks, with an emphasis on administration, provisioning, and support of firewall rules and infrastructure on Cisco ASA firewalls. Some Palo Alto, VMWare VNC, Cisco ACI and VMWare NSX is also present in the environment. Administers production firewall support requests for project and operational needs. Provides troubleshooting support to application/development teams for the firewalls in our environment. Leads efforts to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve network incidents. Responsible for operations of Amerens data communication systems, including LANs and/or WANs. Performs activities related to Network Performance, Lifecycle, Reliability and Problem Management. Supports/troubleshoots network problems. Researches and evaluates emerging network and communication technology.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Relevant, recent and hands on experience in designing application data flows necessary for application and system functionality required
- Relevant, recent and hands on experience in designing, configuring and implementing firewall rule sets to ensure data flows are appropriate and secure required
- Relevant, recent and hands on experience with CISCO ASA firewalls in clusters or active/standby configurations required
- Experience with routed mode, transparent mode and Vwire, as well as experience with VPNs, NAT, trunking and troubleshooting using syslog are required
- Experience with Python and other scripting languages required
- Provide input and direction to customize and automate firewall rule implementation within our Ansible toolset
- Interface directly with Application Developers, Cybersecurity analysts, Business Line personnel and other Network Engineering teams to determine the application data flow design and firewall rule sets, along with implementation strategies and timelines.
- Work with other project teams and project managers to implement related secure network solutions
- Work with other IT Infrastructure Specialists and Engineers as well other business unit personnel that support the corporate networks and the electrical grid, gas operations, and other corporate efforts
- Communicate with suppliers to develop solutions to meet the internal customer’s needs
- Working knowledge of the planning, design, and troubleshooting of network systems.
- 7+ Years of direct firewall experience including at least 3 years of recent Cisco ASA experience
- Working experience with Cisco networks, ASA firewall configuration,
- Working experience with Palo Alto firewalls preferred
- Working knowledge of Avaya VoIP, F5 Big IP, and/or Nokia MPLS routers is preferred.
- Working understanding of routing and switching technology, IP, and signaling.
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework required
- Working knowledge of industry trends and products.
- Solid understanding of waterfall and agile project management processes, tools and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or business.
- Will consider candidates without a degree if they have shown/demonstrated having 2+ years equivalent, relevant experience in tools, systems, and initiatives leveraged by client. 3+ years of relevant experience required.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Working knowledge of SSL certs.
- Good understanding of application layer packet headers
- Understands DNS structure and architecture
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: firewall, firewalls, Internet firewall, network infrastructure, network architecture
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.