Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior Java Developer, REST, API (143137). Do you have experience with Java? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will implement software engineering solutions to meet requirements and architectural direction. You will code and successfully perform unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution, as well as compliance to the business and technical requirements. You will also resolve problems that arise with future production applications in a timely manner to ensure the efficient and proper functioning of application components. You will participate in acceptance testing to ensure client/user needs are met. You will migrate applications to quality assurance and/or the production environment, or perform quality assurance as necessary. You will also work with Managers and team members to meet development standards. You will participate in design conversations, asking questions and providing input. You will work with others to implement foundational steps to build out new API strategy.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- 3 or more years of relevant experience
- Expertise in application development using Java
- Deep understanding of OO design patterns
- Familiarity with domain driven design principles, REST and HTTP
- Extensive experience with Open API, tooling
- Professional experience developing SOAP, Rest or other API’s
- Must have professional experience with Web Services
- Professional development experience and expertise programming both client-side and server-side applications
- Professional development experience on front-end GUI (graphical user interface) applications
- Experience in full software development lifecycle and end-to-end testing
- Must have strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to various levels of management and with people with varying technical knowledge
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, production environment and have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must possess initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Ability to collaborate with others and recommend technical design decisions
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Experience with cloud providers such as, Amazon, Azure or IBM
- Experience working with an API Gateway Platform such as, Kong, Amazon API
- Experience with Agile, Scrum or similar development methodology
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools
- Experience creating and implementing PL/SQL in Oracle Database Environment
- Experience with source control management (GIT or SVN experience preferred)
- Experience in domain modeling
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Java, REST, API
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!