Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior IT Manager, Cloud, Automation (145279). Do you have experience with cloud or automation? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Senior Manager on the Service Management team, you will be responsible for leading a set of dynamic and cross-functional teams in the areas of Messaging Platform, Job Scheduling, and Managed File Transfer. In this role you will define the goals, objectives, processes, and resources needed to support the overall strategic vision of Service Management and Enterprise IT. As a Senior Manager, you will direct people management activities including career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews. You will be responsible for developing and retaining strong performers and preparing them for future responsibilities. In this role you will collaborate with senior leadership to identify and plan for resources needed to accomplish long-term goals. You will also identify, develop, and implement policies, standards, and procedures that support team activities associated with specific area of expertise or responsibility and leads individuals in adhering to and supporting team procedures. To be successful in this role, you must have a strategic mindset and the ability to lead through change. The ideal candidate enjoys cross-collaboration and can challenge the status quo to achieve a higher value proposition for our customers. You must be able to evangelize your thoughts to help drive innovative solutions to improve and streamline processes. You will be responsible ensuring quality and value is being delivered to our customers. You will balance and manage technical and business needs to ensure consistent delivery of quality products and services. Oversee on large, complex, interdependent initiatives where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors and proactive risk management. Collaborate with Department Manager and the department leadership team to identify and plan for resources needed to accomplish long-term goals. Interpret and administer company policies that directly affect subordinates. Identify, develop, and implement policies, standards, and procedures that support team activities associated with specific area of expertise or responsibility; lead individuals in adhering to and supporting team procedures. Communicate clear, concise, strategic vision and direction of the company. Prepare and deliver informal and formal presentations to own team, department, other IT teams, business partners, and IT leadership. Plan and manage project activities within a project plan and/or provides input into project activities within project plan. Employ an engaging and professional leadership approach built on collaboration, transformational leadership principles, and diversity and inclusivity. Lead multiple teams comprised of various levels of resources including Project Managers, Business Analysts, Architects, Lead/Senior/Base-Level engineers and Test Engineers. Motivate and guide employees to accomplish team and individual goals. Execute tactical and strategic planning as well as appropriate escalation, when needed. Assist in managing outside vendor relationships. Ensure compliance and upholds the standards, processes, and procedures, including an understanding of IT security and compliance remediation activities. Collaborate and partner with subordinates and/or functional peer groups (collaboration may involve presentation and exchange of information). Proactively seek training and developmental activities related to the industry and recommends for self and others. Ensure high levels of external and internal customer service, technical expertise, productivity, efficiency and quality in staff performance. Develop the team using your experiences, at the same time developing yourself by learning from the team experiences.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 8 or more years of related experience
- Professional experience working with cloud technologies and automation
- Knowledge and experience of hosting products in cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Prior experience managing 3rd party vendor relationships
- Prior success leading cross-functional teams
- Proven transformational leadership capabilities with the ability to drive and lead through change
- Proven success leading, mentoring and motivating team members to maximize their potential and deliver high quality results and solutions
- Must have strong, persuasive and polished communication skills, with the ability to effectively present concepts to both technical and non-technical leaders and team members
- Must have strong team work qualities, with the ability to establish and maintain solid working relationships with peers, vendors, senior management, and other departments
- Must have the ability to manage the execution of operational, tactical, and strategic activities on a day-to-day basis
- Proven ability to evaluate time and resources needed to complete assignments and leading team members in prioritizing and completing assigned tasks and projects
- Extensive experience leading the development and enhancements of procedures and processes that support team activities
- Must have a professional attitude, a strong desire and ability to take ownership, and the ability to provide high quality customer service
- Must set high standards for performance and follow through on performance requirements
- Must have the ability to effectively manage problems and conflicts as they arise
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Prior experience supervising managers
- Knowledge and experience with various cloud based infrastructures
- Knowledge and experience of IBM Workload Automation(IWA), Twilio, IBM Managed File Transfer (MFT) or similar products
- Knowledge of financial acumen to support business case creation and measurements
- Experience developing and delivering presentations, training sessions and demos
- Experience leading a geographically distributed team
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: cloud, automation, IT Manager
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!