Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior Engineer, Test Automation (144977). Do you have experience with Java? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Senior Engineer, Test Automation you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge and professional experience to drive the Rental Billing department forward on their journey to integrate test automation into the fabric of their software development life-cycle. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert, capable of working with the leadership team, and test engineers to devise a test automation strategy, tracking progress through metrics and additional capabilities created. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research, and investigation. Making recommendations for an approach or improvements that result in increased quality, efficiency, and bandwidth for our manual test team. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations. Work with other engineers on design standards, best practices, and socializing new ideas. As an Senior Engineer, Test Automation, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Rental Billing Leadership, Product Owners, and Development team(s). Your primary goal will be creating momentum for a sustainable test automation approach capable of supporting our suite of applications. You will be responsible for designing, producing, executing, and maintaining automated test plans and test cases. You will have an opportunity to coach other test engineers and develop their knowledge and capabilities for test automation. You will also participate in code reviews of automated test code, debug automated test code, provide estimates for assignments and assist with sprint planning activities. Develops strategies for department test automation strategy. Focus is on defined operational and tactical activities. Participates on project teams. Develops work plans supporting development objectives. Works on moderate to high complexity assignments. Prepares and delivers informal presentations to own team. May assist with the development of standards, processes, and procedures for the team. Establishes and fosters one-on-one relationships within the department.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- 3+ years of experience designing, producing, executing, and maintaining detailed automated test plans and test cases based on requirements and specifications
- Extensive experience building and executing automated tests suites
- Hands-on experience with client server/web application/web services test automation tools
- 3+ years creating and implementing SQL
- 3+ years of integrating automation solutions with build and code management tools such as Jenkins, Git, or BitBucket.
- Experience in automation tools such as Selenium and BDD Frameworks like Cucumber.
- Familiarity with InteliJ or other like IDE
- Comfortable with Karate, REST Assured, and PostMan for API testing
- Strong communication skills with the ability to transcend the organization with appropriate levels of detail
- Comfortable coaching and mentoring others on technology and strategy
- Strong teamwork, decision-making, documentation, and analytical skills
- Ability to identify where task automation and process improvements can add value
- Experience maintaining documentation on automation modifications and updates
- Maintains established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality service
- Ability to be productive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, with changing priorities
- Ability to effectively manage time and work independently
- Ability to take initiative and ownership for all testing efforts supported
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented programming
- Experience with the Atlassian suite to include: Jira, Zephyr, HipChat, and Confluence
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!