Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior Data Engineer (147750). Do you have experience with Power BI? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
The Senior Power BI Data Engineer role has several responsibilities as it relates to Power BI model engineering, content development and administration. In this role, a candidate will know the Power BI tool inside and out, be able to perform complex tasks as needed to create consumable data models and some visual content. Administrative tasks could include gateway management, workspace and pipeline creation, capacity provisioning and access provisioning. Candidates should also have a working knowledge of the Power BI REST API and Power BI PowerShell Cmdlets. The Power BI Engineer will partner with content creators to turn data into stories driving data-driven decision making.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years Power BI data model development (most recent experience)
- 3+ years in data engineering, data modeling, data development and/or ETL
- Advanced knowledge of Power BI Desktop
- Advanced knowledge of Power BI Service (workspaces, apps, mobile, Pro vs. Premium, Pipelines)
- Significant experience writing and optimizing Power Query (M) and DAX
- Significant experience writing and optimizing SQL (any flavor)
- Recent experience implementing RLS
- Hands on experience in preparing test strategies, test plans, test scripts for functional, regression and system test activities against Business Requirements
- Experience in fixing the Defect/bugs identified in testing (Development/QA/UAT), tracking them to closure
- Able to explain concepts of Data Warehouse design and development
- Able to explain concepts of Dimensional Modeling design and development
- Analytical mindset, problem-solver & a team player
- Experience working with different business teams (i.e. HR, Finance, IT, Sales, etc.)
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience using Azure DevOps in concert with Power BI Pipelines
- Experience working with Power BI autoscale
- Experience working with Power BI logging (Log Analytics)
- Experience working with Data Flows
- Experience with Power BI REST API
- Experience with Power BI PowerShelll Cmdlets
- Experience with Teradata
- Power BI admin experience (tenant admin, gateway admin, capacity admin, etc.)
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords:Ã¿Â power bi, azure devops, data flows, powershell, teradata
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!