Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior Data Engineer, Node, Scala – 146958. Do you have experience with Node and Scala? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will lead and participate in design sessions with Enterprise and Hub Data Stewards, Engineering teams, Data Scientists, Product Managers, business and IT stakeholders, that result in design documentation for data processing, storage and delivery solutions; Understand business capability needs and processes as they relate to IT solutions through partnering with Product Managers and business and functional IT stakeholders, and apply this knowledge to identifying business problems that could be solved; Evaluate new technologies, like Domino or Redshift, or new languages, like Go or React, including performing POCs and presenting results to others, with a goal of providing technical recommendations; Challenge the team to improve processes and methodologies, like SCRUM or Kanban, and/or initiate piloting new ones; Implement data solutions according to design documentation using a variety of tools and programming languages, like Kafka, SQL and non-SQL databases, Scala, Node, etc., following teams established processes and methodologies, like SCRUM or Kanban. Facilitate and participate in code reviews, retrospectives, functional and integration testing and other team activities focused on improving quality of delivery; Provide reliable estimates for short term projects and assist in large scale project estimation; Collaborate with other data engineers and stewards within the team and across data, technical platforms and product teams on aligning roadmaps, delivery dates and integration efforts; Mentor junior and aspiring Data Engineers on the team and across the data community; Represent the team at various cross team meetings and events focused on design and planning, like Scrum of Scrums and Release Planning, sharing the results of team efforts, or brainstorming on process improvements; Create and maintain design and code documentation in GitHub, Haystack, SharePoint and/or another repositories used by the team.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field, with five years of experience or Master’s degree with three years of relevant experience or PhD with one year of relevant experience or nine years of relevant experience is an acceptable substitute for degree requirement
- 3+ years experience engineering data intensive software using streaming and resource based design principles
- 3+ years fluency in the Node programming language
- 3+ years fluency in the Scala programming language
- 3+ years of experience with AWS Fargate
- 3+ years of experience with AWS Lambda
- 3+ years of experience with AWS DynamoDB
- 3+ years of experience with AWS SNS
- 3+ years of experience with continuous integration tool
- Demonstrated experience with data architecture and modeling, including designing both logical and physical models for datasets
- Proficiency in working with relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Proven experience modeling large datasets in distributed databases such as (but not limited to) Apache Cassandra, Spanner, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work in a highly collaborative environment familiarity with the relevant industry trends
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Agriculture, life sciences, bioinformatics, biochemistry, genetics, biology, or a related disciplines
- Platform-as-a-Service software such as Cloud Foundry or Kubernetes stream processing, e.g. Kafka, Spark Streaming, Akka, etc.
- Knowledge of machine learning or other data science practices
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Node, Scala
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.