Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior Cloud Data Engineer, Azure, DevOps (148429). Do you have experience with Azure and DevOps? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
Responsible for using your technical knowledge to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technologies effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
In this role on the Cloud Data Engineering team, you will be a part of a team responsible for migrating existing data platform solutions to the cloud. You will also collaborate with others to develop new data pipelines. As a data engineer in the Cloud Data Engineering team, you must work in a data first mindset. You will use Microsoft Azure Cloud PaaS technologies to engineer our data solutions in a way that allows for us to optimize our information, make better decisions, and meet our customers needs. If you have a passion for engineering, working with massive amounts of data and empowering smart business decisions, this is the role for you.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- 3+ of related experience in Cosmos DB/Similar DB technology
- Experience with configuration management and building automation capabilities such as Git/Jenkins/Bitbucket
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud workflows
- Experience in T-SQL and scripting skills.
- Knowledge on Microsoft cloud managed DBs/Systems, e.g. Managed SQL Instance, Cosmos DB, Databricks Delta Lake
- Experience with Big Data solutions such as Delta Lake by Databricks and SQL DBMSs
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Identify new opportunities and help refine automation of regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Solve/Assist in complex query tuning and schema refinement
- Expert in troubleshooting performance issues
- Experience rightsizing Database object workflow for cost management
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Join the on-call rotation with other Engineers
- Must be able to both collaborate in a team-oriented environment and work independently with direction
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to handle multiple tasks
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Azure SQL DB etc. will be a big plus
- Experience with Microsoft Azure platform technologies like Databricks applications, Event Hub, Data Factory, Azure SQL, Synapse Analytics, Delta Lake, Cosmos DB, or DevOps
- Prior experience with large-scale projects
- Experience with API development
- Knowledge and working experience with Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with JDBC connections to data sources
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: azure, devops, cloud data engineer, big data, agile, transact sql
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
All offers of employment at Technology Partners are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and drug screening that meet corresponding laws and regulations at the city, state and federal level.