Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior Application Developer (144973). Do you have experience with Python and Java? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will design and implement key applications to enable the development of new scientific models on our platform. You will work with scientists, data engineers, and product managers to design and implement highly scalable, big-data systems, micro services, APIs, and SDKs. You will take complex data driven models designed by our Science team and implement them to run on our Digital Farming Platform. You will interact with our Data Acquisition and Data Architecture teams to define the data schemas to support these models. You will design CICD pipelines to run and validate these models against petabytes of agricultural data from 100s of millions of acres across the globe. You will interact with our cloud operations team to deploy onto our AWS cloud platform. You will support and guide other teams (within Climate and external partners) that are consuming our APIs and services.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS in software related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Software engineering work experience using a functional or object oriented language.
- Solid foundational knowledge of CS fundamentals and best practices for code and architecture.
- Python 4+ yrs
- CICD pipelines, gitlab 2+ yrs
- Self driven. Takes ownership. Problem solver. Team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, engineering diagrams, and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Scientific and data intensive computing desirable
- Clojure, Lisp, Scheme, or similar desirable
- Experience designing and implementing robust and scalable backend services, e.g., RESTful APIs, micro services, efficient data processing algorithms, messaging paradigms, middleware, and persistent stores (SQL and NoSQL).
- Experience working with AWS or other public Cloud platforms
- Experience with building real-life large-scale data science projects.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and persistence stores
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, etc.) (strong plus)
- Experience with compiled JVM language (Scala, Java) (strong plus)
- Knowledge of functional programming (Clojure) (plus)
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Python, Java, Scala, CI/CD, SQL, AWS
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.