Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Power BI Admin (148193). Do you have experience with Power BI, SQL, Dax, Python or R? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
The Enterprise Power BI Administrator is a technical role to administer, maintain, and oversee the Power BI tenant and tools across the enterprise. This individual will serve as the internal expert for Power BI functionality and features. The individual is also responsible for driving best practices for Power BI developers, including providing onboarding and continuing education, and training on the platform as new features are released.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer Microsoft Power BI platform and On-Premise Gateway, manage upgrades, set configurations, and plan capacity.
- Investigate and resolve service desk issues related to Power BI, route issues to specific Power BI Developers, escalate and coordinate issues with external support as needed.
- Lead the Power BI Community of Practice across the Enterprise, including promoting best practices, and consultation on solving common problems.
- Provide expertise and consultation for design and deployment of data sets, including making recommendations on modeling methodology (Direct Query / Import / Mixed Mode) and incremental refresh strategy.
- Provide guidelines and support colleagues using features like Data Flows, Power BI Data Marts, and Incremental Refresh Schedules.
- Provide and support best practices for naming conventions, workspace design and configuration, change management and promotion, and security model management.
- Provide best practices and assist users in integrating and optimizing performance of Power BI features and functions including DAX, M languages.
- Oversee methods for integration of other Power Platform tools like Power Apps and Power Automate.
- Provide expertise on advanced and custom visualizations, including integration of R and Python.
- Promote and provide support for integration of advanced features like integrated Machine Learning and Analytics.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, business analytics, engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science or relevant work experience
- 2+ years IT experience with 2+ years project or people management
- 2+ years experience in Power BI, including Power BI data models, DAX, Power Query Editor (M), Row Level Security, Power BI Premium Capacity Management, Data Flows, On-Prem Gateway Administration, XMLA Endpoints, Power BI API Endpoints
- 2+ years SQL required, Python and R experience preferred.
- 1+ years Experience in Power Automate and Power App
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Strong problem-solving skills, especially in data modeling and BI platforms.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with diligence and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, discuss and document complex data models.
- Ability to foster teamwork.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, organize work and execute work in matrixed, complex environments.
- Strong written and oral communication including presentation skills.
- Ability to express highly technical topics in user-friendly way.
- Ability to investigate data and technical issues and communicate them effectively.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships both internally and externally
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Power BI, SQL, Python, Gateway, API, R, Power Automate
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
All offers of employment at Technology Partners are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and drug screening that meet corresponding laws and regulations at the city, state and federal level.