Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Platform Engineer (147823). Do you have experience with Go? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Be a critical senior member of a platform engineering team focused on creating processes, tools, infrastructure and shared code in support of high throughput, low latency data services.
- Take pride in software craftsmanship, and continuously improve and innovate a platform serving multiple development teams solving complex problems
- Work with other top-level talent solving a wide range of complex and unique challenges that have real world impact
- Explore relevant technology stacks to find the best fit for each dataset
- Pursue opportunities to present our work at relevant technical conferences
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 10 years experience in software engineering
- At least 3 years experience with Go
- At least 3 years of experience with infrastructure as code implementations, such as Hashicorp Terraform.
- At least 3 years of experience with one or more cloud platforms, GCP preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience deploying, and managing applications in Kubernetes.
- Proven experience (2 years) building and maintaining data-intensive APIs using a RESTful approach
- Experience with stream processing using Apache Kafka
- A level of comfort with Unit Testing and Test Driven Development methodologies
- Experience data modeling for large scale databases, either relational or NoSQL
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with protocol buffers and gRPC
- Experience working with scientific datasets, or a background in the application of quantitative science to business problems
- Bioinformatics experience, especially large scale storage and data mining of variant data, variant annotation, and genotype to phenotype correlation
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Go, Platform Engineering, GCP, Cloud, Kubernetes, data modeling
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.