Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Platform Engineer (144753). Do you have experience with Azure? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
The Platform Engineer is responsible for the design, configuration, and maintenance of the technology and platforms used to deliver data and analytics to the Purina Business teams. They will join two existing senor Azure platform engineers and support the efforts of a 30 person data engineering team. With guidance from senior platform engineers this person will be responsible for: Assisting in technical build outs; Remediates technology issues; Ensuring production environments are performing and secure; Providing advice on platform improvements, optimization, and upgrades; Create documentation of all platform design and analysis work; Supporting platform development and technology architecture selection activities; Assessing new technologies and develops strategies for bringing new tech online; Providing specifications for hardware and software platforms; Advising build teams on the best of use of technologies; Providing architectural and design consulting for new use case scenarios for tools, technologies, and patterns; Ensuring tech aligns with the overall guidelines. Responsible for platform security and compliance; Participates in vendor and new technology evaluation, selection, and integration.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proficient with the provisioning, configuration, and deployment of Microsoft Azure resources
- Proficient with the design and configuration of security components in Microsoft Azure.
- Proficient with the design and configuration of networking component in Microsoft Azure.
- Proficient with Microsoft Azure toolsets including Azure Data Factory Pipelines, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Lake Storage.
- Proficient with scripting languages such as PowerShell, M-Query (Power Query), and Windows batch commands.
- Solid understanding of data engineering and data preparation patterns.
- Solid understanding of Agile and DevOps principles for software development and ownership. Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services) including the use and configuration of automated builds and deployments.
- Familiar with compliance and controls for software development and deployment
- Bachelor’s in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data management, information systems, information science or a related quantitative field [or equivalent work experience] is not required but is preferred.
- At least 5 years or more of work experience in data management disciplines including data integration, modeling, optimization, and data quality, and/or other areas directly relevant to business intelligence/business analytics development.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Azure, provisioning, configuration, deployment, security, DevOps
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.