Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Network Coordinator, Cisco, Firewall – 147073. Do you have experience with Cisco? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will administer day-to-day operations of both Cisco networks and hardware (in physical and virtual environments) in a multi-site environment including monitoring performance and resource availability and performing routine maintenance to keep the network running at optimal performance. Designs and installs new, and plans and deploys patches of existing, network, server, telecommunication, and system software within the company in keeping with company standards and policies in a team environment. Maintains all new and upgraded equipment and software after installation. Install and maintain network and telecommunications cabling (Cat 5/6 and/or Fiber Optics). Oversee and manage work by vendors that perform installation services. Provides second level troubleshooting to resolve network, server, and other hardware or system software issues and implement solutions. Participates in evaluation of new technology opportunities which improve performance of overall environment for Vi-Jon employee owners. Refines and maintains security of overall server and network environment to minimize intrusion opportunities for external and internal actors. Configures, maintains, and monitors firewalls, routers, switches, etc., through IOS interface or equivalent tools. Assists with Disaster Recovery Plan risk analysis, business impact and development strategy. Administers Disaster Recovery plans to better ensure availability and recoverability of overall server and network environment consistent with the overall Vi-Jon Disaster Recovery and Backup plan. All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum qualifications are an Associate’s degree in Computer Science (or a related degree) and 2-3 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Alternate qualification is no degree, but greater than four years network experience.
- 3-4years of network experience required without Associates Degree.
- 2-3 years network experience required with an Associates’ degree.
- Experience with supporting Virtualization technologies considered a plus.
- Experience with Category 5/6 and/or Fiber Optic cabling will also be considered a plus.
- Microsoft, Cisco, Palo Alto and VMware certifications or experience will be considered a plus.
- Present for work when scheduled is a mandatory function. Work hours may extend pass normal business hours based on the workload of the department
- Compliance and enforcement of all company safety rules, procedures and guidelines is essential
- Reporting of safety issues is mandatory
- Provide troubleshooting expertise when needed outside of normal business hours
- Ability to work independently within complex systems and team environment
- Excellent communicator and customer service-oriented skills
- Strong background in problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to create and write clear, complete documentation of systems and procedures
- Excellent analytical, organization, writing, and problem-solving skills
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- System and console operations, monitoring
- Team work and collaboration; professional interaction in all business contacts, all day, every day
- Be innovative
- Self-motivated, initiative, high level of energy
- Tolerant and flexible to different situations
- Adaptability and ability to work under pressure
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Cisco, network administrator, firewall, upgrades, backup, disaster recovery
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.