Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Manager, Technical Product Owner (148523). Do you have experience managing all aspects of SDLC and leading critical business systems? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
The Manager, Technical Product Owner (TPO) leads the Information Technology (IT) product team(s) providing technology vision, systems development oversight and day-to-day operational management for all technology within their area of responsibility.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides leadership to IT product teams to drive technical development and provides visibility of product status to Executive Leaders.
- Provides vision and direction to the IT product teams and stakeholders within and outside of the organization.
- Ensures the teams are completing projects on time and remain actively involved in continuous improvement of the products.
- Actively identifies and removes impediments to ensure delivery of product development deliverables based on the product roadmaps and timetables established by the company.
- In partnership with business leadership, ensures product development is aligned with product vision, roadmap and business expansion/growth opportunities.
- Develops the technology roadmap for managed products, supporting the goals and objectives defined in the overall product roadmap.
- Provides backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Works closely with the business Product Management Team to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Leads the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Provides monthly status reporting of all projects to include schedules, scope and total estimated costs (including hours and other expenses).
- Uses Agile practices for oversight of managed products to ensure teams continually develop and improve products in an effective and efficient manner.
- Responsible for the adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for all customer facing and critical internal systems.
- Ensures team adherence to company programming standards and controls.
- Supports implementations.
- Stays current on key technology developments that could involve a change to or improvement of products managed.
- Acts as a liaison for managed products with other areas in IT.
- Directs, organizes, supervises and assists product staff. Assumes responsibility for ensuring the efficient and effective operation of staff by:
- a. Reviewing and improving existing operating policies and procedures and ensuring their effective implementation and maintenance; implementing new procedures as required.
- b. Making personnel decisions regarding employment, development, performance ratings, salary changes, promotions, transfers, and terminations.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information systems or computer engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of previous industry experience, preferable in a business services organization with similar characteristics as Cass.
- 3-5 years of experience as Product Manager or IT Manager
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Proven ability to lead critical business systems/applications.
- Experience developing business applications in either a waterfall or Agile manner.
- Experienced managing all aspects of software application development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Willingness to apply Agile processes and principles.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinker with a vision.
- Strong attention to details.
Pay: $115,000 – $145,000 /yr
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Project Manager, SDLC, Project Life Cycle, Agile, Waterfall
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
All offers of employment at Technology Partners are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and drug screening that meet corresponding laws and regulations at the city, state and federal level.
Pay ranges are influenced by candidate qualifications, experience, and role specifics, with the actual rate determined considering skills, market conditions, and are subject to change by the employer; pay negotiations follow all state and federal legal guidelines.