Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Manager, Network Operations (144726). Do you have experience with Network Operations? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
As part of the Network Operations team, you will be responsible for leading the day to day operations of the team, providing overall guidance and supervision. You will ensure all members of assigned technical teams are effective and fully utilized, and provide leadership in key interactions with others to define, analyze, and deliver customer solutions. You will be responsible for building trust to influence peers and others to break down barriers and drive results. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work across multiple teams to help deliver innovative solutions in support of the company’s technology strategy. You will need to collaborate with leaders and teams throughout IT to ensure alignment and partnership.
You will be responsible for defining the goals, objectives, processes, and resources to support the overall Network Operations. This is an ideal role for a leader looking to make a significant impact, develop and grow in a team-oriented environment. You’ll have the opportunity to work with senior leaders in the organization, so collaboration and influence skills are key.
Ability to plan, organize, and manage staff and overall operations to ensure stability of the company’s infrastructure. Provide overall expertise with all Network Operations functions. Define, implement, and enforce configuration management and change management policies and practices. Maintain and monitor required staffing levels and schedule to ensure that the team can meet the demand and respond in a timely manner to network and server anomalies and outages. Ensure adherence of predefined operational key performance metrics (KPI)’s to include but not limited to; Service Restoration – meeting SLA on services. Handle escalations, both internal/external, and manage support from different levels. Hire, develop, and retain highly responsive and customer focused engineers to ensure the effective operation of the department. Manage tools, systems, and procedures to ensure dynamic management of issues and customer management. Interface with key partners, suppliers, and procurement teams to layout strategic direction, incorporate into functional roadmaps and cost-effective solutions, and contribute to contract and commercial review. Ensure continual process improvement within the Network Operations, including but not limited to: automation of Network Operations tasks and reporting, implementation of enterprise-wide monitoring initiatives, and routine administration tasks.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 6+ years of related experience
- 2+ years of people management experience, to include hiring, 1-1 meetings, career coaching/ mentoring, performance reviews, salary reviews, etc.
- Prior experience and knowledge of network technologies that support LAN/WAN, cloud, and broadband (VPN, DHCP, DNS, VLANS, as well as others not listed)
- Prior experience and knowledge of networking protocols such as TCP/IP, SNMP/ RMON, and RDP
- Must have displayed leadership and team centric skills and strong solution orientation
- Must demonstrate outstanding relationship management skills, specifically around managing conflict and resistance to change, and the ability to create a non-adversarial atmosphere and be viewed as a partner
- Outstanding communication skills are required, with the ability to effectively defend ideas and solutions; convey complex information regarding risk and security issues in a manner that is easily understood and actionable
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience with the following Network Technologies is preferred:
- Cisco Nexus and ACI Routing and Switching
- Application Delivery using F5 Systems
- Palo Alto Firewalls and associated Panorama and Firemon Management Systems
- Prefer experience working in a large technology/ network environment
- Ability to challenge current solutions, determine appropriate solutions, and ensure there is alignment across the organization
- Adept at improving outcomes through proactive coaching and development at all levels
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: network, network management, TCP/IP, SNMP, RDP, LAN, WAN, cloud, broadband
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!