Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Lead Systems Engineer, Azure, Windows Server (145433). Do you have experience with Azure? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
We are currently looking for a Lead Systems Engineer (Engineer 3). As a Lead Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations. As an Lead Systems Engineer you will be responsible for evaluating, designing, automating, testing, and documenting Windows Server infrastructure products and services. You will focus on ensuring that our internal products and services meet the needs of the end user and operational teams by augmenting existing services and exploring new capabilities both inside and outside of the data center. This role will partner with other team members, partners and leadership alike to review the design, tooling, and automation, of services and capabilities surrounding the Windows OS and supporting services. You will provide technical leadership for driving the execution to reach “desired state” and take on the mantel of a technology and design leader on the team. A successful candidate must be able to provide in-depth analysis and execution plans to drive improvements in both technology and process including: Active Directory – multi-domain structure & GPO management, Trap/Alert Management: Efficient and effective monitoring, Automated incident recovery and self-healing, Systems Management and Patch Automation, Build/Delivery Automation, Azure IaaS. Outside of your primary focus on design & build functions, you will occasionally provide incident and problem resolution for complex issues and participate in disaster recovery exercises.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years of related experience
- 5+ years of experience providing system support, engineering and/or administration functions for Microsoft server platforms
- 5+ years of experience with base supported technologies:
- Azure Administration – implement, monitor, and maintain Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to compute, storage, network, and security
- Windows Server 2016/2019
- Server Build automation
- 2+ years of experience handling incidents and problem resolution
- Flexible to facilitate an on-call rotation schedule for incident response and maintenance activities
- Demonstrated customer service support ethic and focus to deliver the highest, most consistent level of customer service to our customers and partners
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following infrastructure applications:
- Established teamwork and leadership skills to drive and participate in resolution of escalated incidents with multiple technology disciplines
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to successfully communicate technical details to a wide variety of audiences
- Must be interested in exploring new technologies, and have a desire to push your skillset outside of your comfort zone
- Must be able to prioritize projects and tasks while adhering to the overall Information Technology standards
- Must be capable of leading meetings and discussions focused on the creation of the overall solution versus the underlying technology
- Experience in all phases of the development lifecycle, including use of formal requirement documentation, testing methodologies, implementation strategies, and troubleshooting techniques
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience leveraging Agile methodologies to manage work and priority
- Experience working in large data center deployments
- Experience deploying and supporting services in Azure
- Working knowledge of SQL, VMware, Azure, AWS
- Microsoft Server/Azure certification(s)
- AWS Cloud Certified
- Experience in Terraform Cloud and/or Enterprise
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!