Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Lead Systems Engineer (147574). Do you have experience with AWS and Azure? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will collaborate with talented IT leaders to build, automate, and maintain our virtual environments, which enable delivery of innovative mobile and web solutions to our rental customers. This role will automate configurations and templates for various Linux based services, measure and maintain reliability through instrumentation and monitoring, and interface with multiple development teams to provide services and support. You will create and modify medium to complex code/scripts and developing complex application code independently within or outside various teams using applicable technology.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years of combined software and infrastructure engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience with Core Amazon Web Services around Route 53, EC2 (AMI,EBS, ELB, ASG), S3, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, ElastiCache, IAM, VPC, DynamoDB, SQS, and SNS.
- Must be able to mentor team members and customers.
- Experience leading the design and building web application cloud environments.
- Experience in and demonstrable knowledge of Linux command line interface.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash Shell, & Python.
- Experiences with software design methodologies, information systems architecture, object oriented design, and software design patterns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly triage problems, determine root cause and drive resolution.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience in Jira, Bitbucket, Maven and Jenkins.
- Experience in Linux packaging (rpm, yum, dpkg, etc).
- Experience with HTTP/Proxy servers (Apache, Nginx, Squid).
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting application platforms, with a preference for experience in working with Java web application platforms (e.g., Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, etc.).
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as Dynatrace, Cloudwatch or similar.
- Experience with log aggregation and management tools such as Splunk.
- Experience working with configuration management tools. Examples: Puppet, Ansible, or other similar capabilities developed as in-house tools.
- Systems performance tuning and load testing is a plus.
- Familiarity with large-scale systems and methodologies.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: apache, nginx, cloud, aws, terraform
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!