Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Lead Software Engineer, Scala – 146577. Do you have experience with Scala? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
In this role on the Cloud Data Engineering team, you will be a part of a team responsible for migrating existing data platform solutions to the cloud. You will also collaborate with others to develop new APIs and data pipelines. You will use Microsoft Azure Cloud PaaS technologies to engineer our data solutions in a way that allows for us to optimize our information, make better decisions, and meet our customer’s needs. If you have a passion for engineering and you are ready to put your career in overdrive this job is for you. This role offers the opportunity to work closely with our business, work with technology partners and be a technical leader on a team working with the hottest technologies in the market today .
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Experience incorporating security best-practices into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Must have 5 or more years professional development experience in one of the following languages: Scala and/or Java 7 above
- Must have 5 or more years professional experience working with streaming data
- Must have 5 or more years professional experience working with large datasets and complex data environments, processes, and associated solutions
- Must have 5 or more years professional experience writing and tuning complex SQL queries, and the ability to analyze and make recommendations on results
- Must have 5 or more years professional experience in full lifecycle development and end-to-end testing
- Must have good oral and written communication skills to communicate with various IT teams and business representatives effectively
- Must be able to both collaborate in a team-oriented environment, and work independently with direction
- Must have good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, including debugging multi-threaded applications
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with API development
- Experience working with unstructured data
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets in Azure and AWS.
- Experience with Azure, AWS, or other Public Cloud environments
- Experience with Microsoft Azure platform technologies including: Databricks/Spark applications, Event Hub, Data Factory, Synapse Analytics, Azure Functions (Scala),
Cosmos DB, and DevOps
- Knowledge and working experience with Agile methodologies
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!