Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Lead Network Engineer – 145567. Do you have experience with Network Engineering? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Lead Network Engineer, you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
The Network Security team within the Network Engineering organization designs and supports our Web Application Firewall (WAF) technologies. Being part of this team, you’ll have the opportunity to design and develop security solutions that meet our business objectives. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your technical skills as you work with different areas within IT to meet future business demands. As your knowledge and ability to work across the environment increase, you’ll have opportunities for increased responsibility and career progression through a variety of network security, engineering, and architect roles.
This role requires a skilled engineer with hands on experience in the installation, configuration, tuning, and administration of Web Application Firewalls and other related security technologies. Able to perform security analysis on solutions end-to-end, including identifying gaps, recommending and implementing configuration changes and the ability to create custom threat signatures. The candidate will also ensure existing infrastructure and configuration standards are adhered to when delivering projects. Must have a strong understanding of networking, analysis, system administration, and common application frameworks. In addition, the candidate should have an in-depth understanding of cryptography, application, and network security domains. Additionally, the candidate should possess affective commutation skills and be comfortable interacting with multiple teams at all levels articulating actual risk.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience
- 5 or more years hands-on experience with deployment and administration of Web Application Firewall technologies.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and DNS, including hands-on experience in using packet analysis tools such as Wireshark or tcpdump.
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) management and data encryption for data-at-rest and data-in-transit experience
- Familiarity with OWASP Top 10.
- Prior experience securing cloud applications (AWS/AZURE).
- Specialization in several of the following fields with four (4) or more years of experience:
- Building and administering security devices such as network firewall, WAF, web proxy, data loss prevention systems, and intrusion prevention systems.
- Building and administering Linux/UNIX based systems.
- Building and administering Network devices (e.g., Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto Networks)
- Conducting dynamic web application security testing, both manual testing and utilizing application security tools to discover exploitable vulnerabilities.
- Managing cloud security operations, including identity & access control, secure configuration management, network security, enforcement policy scripting, workload security, data security, and logging.
- Cyber threat hunting.
- Risk assessment or analysis.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of scripting and content creation. (e.g., Splunk dashboards, threat signature creation, Python scripts, Powershell scripts.)
- Experience with automation tools.
- Experience with RASP technology.
- Previous role as a software developer.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: firewalls, PKI, data encryption, cloud, AWS, Azure, Linux, Unix, Cisco, Juniper
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!