Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Lead Data Scientist, Python (145156). Do you have experience with Python? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
A Lead Data Scientist provides tactical and strategic guidance to others, coordinating among a diverse set of teams in IT teams and business stakeholders. They provide technical leadership on large scale cross functional projects, develop strategy, provide insight into allocation of resources (resourcing and planning), and mentor others. This position will guide the strategic and technical development of centralized infrastructure capabilities and processes to support decision science across the organization, with a particular focus on data quality. It will require close partnerships many teams across the organization to shape solutions as they are developed and to assist in enabling and migrating production workflows.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field with 5+ years experience; or Masters 8+ yrs of experience;
- Experience shaping technical strategies to address systemic problems, in partnership with other technical teams
- Expertise building models using R, Python or other statistical and/or mathematical programming packages; proficiency in R and Python programming languages
- Expert level of proficiency in computational skills, including a deep understanding of advanced analytics techniques and emerging forms of analytics
- Experience with model management and model orchestration in cloud computing environments such as AWS or GCP
- Experience with containerized deployment methods (e.g. Docker)
- Proficiency in consuming REST based API and/or gRPC framework output
- Experience working with models that require large datasets and are computationally intensive
- Experience with source control methodologies (e.g. Git)
- Familiarity with common data quality methodologies used by various personas including data engineers and data scientists
- Expertise in adopting and advocating software development best practices
- Ability to take initiative and drive work independently
- Experience leading technical initiatives involving stakeholders from a variety of scientific and business backgrounds
- Expertise with quantitative modeling techniques such as statistics, machine learning, optimization, and simulation
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex qualitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner and deliver presentations to large audiences, executive leadership, and externally at conference and collaborations.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Apache Airflow, Kubernetes, SageMaker, SQL, MapReduce
- Proficiency in Java and/or other modern programming languages
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Python, AWS
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.