Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Lead Data Engineer, MDM – 146221. Do you have experience with MDM? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Data Engineer in the Data Management department! The Data Management department is responsible for a suite of Data Management applications and establishing enterprise-wide Data Management Framework that will help mature how data are managed as a corporate asset across the company. As an Engineer 3, you will design, configure, and modify many different elements of technology to support our Data Governance and Data Engineering teams. You will be required to understand all aspects of data management lifecycle, theories and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation in support of our Data Strategy. The Engineer 3 will be expected to serve as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of data management that will represent the team in a positive manner within and outside the department. In this role, you will be leading implementations and providing viable recommendations for implementing data management techniques. You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members tasks and assignments; helping evolve our culture, and ensuring deadlines are met. Daily activities will include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture to improve the overall data definition, quality, and integration. You will also be required to adhere to our established Corporate Security Policies and Frameworks, Global Data Privacy Framework to establish and key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures. In addition, you will be expected to mentor less senior team members for them to develop and advance their own careers. In partnership with our IT Organizations, this role also helps define and support continuous use and adoption of Data Management Tools, Data Management Framework, as well as, other supporting standard operating procedures, measures, standards, and requirements, in order to foster awareness, trust and strengthen ownership and accountability for the data across the company. Drives the design and implementation of Data Management tools. Assists with Data Modeling and Data Model Management. Drives innovation of Data Management functions, reporting, and metrics. Participates in change management activities required to fix data quality and process issues. Develops and maintains productive working relationships with other Information Technology teams. Collaborates in strategic planning process and process improvement efforts. Works with outside vendors/consultants on Data projects.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field is required
- 5+ years of related experience
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, and documenting enterprise data models and data dictionary for application databases and meta-data repositories
- 5+ years of experience in data quality management and data governance
- 5+ years of experience with Master Data Management (MDM) Solutions such as Informatica Multidomain MDM, SAP Master Data Governance, TIBCO EBX, or similar tool
- 5+ years of experience converting and optimizing ETL/ELT data processes/mappings
- Scripting knowledge such as Java, Python, Perl, PowerShell, Bash, and SQL
- Knowledge of Operating System Administration such as Windows, Linux, and AIX
- Experience working within and configuring cloud infrastructure solutions such as Azure and AWS
- Ability to read data payloads in JSON and XML format for developing/supporting APIs
- Experience with cloud-based technologies (Azure, AWS, Google, etc.)
- Must have a clear understanding of IT Data Security
- Strong troubleshooting skills, with the ability to identify necessary steps of a solution and move an initiative to the goals
- Must have strong communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with various levels of leadership
- Ability to safeguard proprietary and sensitive information exercising good judgment while working with confidential information
- Ability to work on small to large, moderately complex assignments that may require research and advanced skill application
- Ability to articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to develop an effective presentation and the ability to articulate the story to an audience
- Established, effective, existing relationships within all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to be an active listener and fully engaged communicator
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of underlying infrastructure for Big Data Solutions (Clustered/Distributed Computing, Storage, Data Center Networking) is preferred
- Familiarity with Imperva and CyberArk is a plus
- Experience with Atlassian tools, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket is preferred
- Experience with Office 365 is preferred
- Experience with Windows Active Directory is preferred
- Experience with Data Masking solutions is preferred
- Ability to create automation using scripting languages such as Python, Perl, PowerShell, or other scripting language is preferred
- Ability to read and understand system, database, and application log files (Splunk) is preferred
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: MDM, Informatica, ETL, Java, Python, Perl, Bash, Linux, AIX, Windows, JSON, XML
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!