Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented IT Manager, Release Management – 146519. Do you have experience with Release Management? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Manager for the Rental Release Management team within the company, you will lead a team of project managers responsible for release activities throughout the solution development life cycle for a variety of different products. With innovative new solutions being developed, you will help your team engage and lead discussions with development and build teams to define strategies for implementation. In many cases, coordination of changes across multiple applications is necessary, and you will guide the team in identifying dependencies, developing orchestration plans, and communicating to impacted stakeholders. You will work across solutions to promote consistency of audit details being collected as part of change & release management, and you will provide updates to upline management indicating solution health details. You will collaborate with other managers to help define release timelines, identify risks/dependencies, and propose solutions. You will participate in creating new processes to improve the department, defining release strategies for new solutions, and assisting with the sunset of legacy applications. You will be responsible for people management including career planning and development support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- The IT Manager position requires 6+ years of related experience
- Experience managing one or more teams in a complex IT environment
- Experience leading cross-functional teams including Project Managers, Business Analysts, QA Analysts and Software Engineers
- Experience and proven success managing IT projects
- Experience leading teams and/or projects in a matrixed reporting structure
- Exceptional communications, both oral and written
- Must be adaptable to changing requirements and responsibilities
- Must have demonstrated ability to motivate and direct employees and teams to accomplish goals
- Knowledge of software development tools and techniques
- Knowledge of API-first driven development
- Good knowledge of software development lifecycles including waterfall and agile.
- Must have strong leadership qualities, with the ability to establish and maintain solid working relationships with subordinates, peers, management, and teams/departments within the IT organization
- Must have strong personal management skills emphasizing time management, organization, and attention to detail
- Must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience in leading application release and infrastructure maintenance process improvements such as deployment automation
- Knowledge of Cloud Deployment strategies
- Knowledge of Change Management and IT Service Management
- Good knowledge of release and support management including application release and infrastructure maintenance practices
- Good knowledge of quality metrics and tracking.
- Good knowledge of resource management and tracking
- Experience in Microsoft Project, Excel, Visio, SharePoint, Atlassian JIRA and Confluence, ServiceNow
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Release Management
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!