Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented IT Manager (147637). Do you have experience with Agile and Confluence? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
As an IT Manager, you will be responsible for managing the execution of operational, tactical, and strategic activities on a day-to-day basis. This position is responsible for determining time and resources needed to complete assignments and leads team members in prioritizing and completing assigned tasks and projects, as well as identifying and resolving roadblocks, determining timelines, raising risks and identifying solutions. This position is also responsible for people management activities including career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and conducting performance and salary reviews. Additional responsibilities include collaborating with other IT teams to understand production support requests and project requirements, identifying staffing needs, helping to oversee the implementation and deployment of team projects and new technology, and on-call management.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- The IT Manager position typically requires 6 or more years of related application development experience
- Strong knowledge of the software development life cycle processes e.g. Lean/Agile methodologies
- Experience in people management activities, including career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary review
- Experience leading and mentoring technical professionals
- Proven ability to motivate and direct teams to accomplish goals
- Prior experience defining and managing IT projects
- Must have strong leadership qualities, with the ability to establish and maintain solid working relationships with subordinates, peers, management and teams/departments within the IT organization
- Must have strong personal management skills emphasizing time management, organization and attention to detail
- Must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Must be able to work independently with a sense of urgency to accomplish department / project tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including good listening skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to achieve results through others
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience with full-stack or front-end web application development
- Prior experience managing application development teams
- Experience managing in a matrixed reporting structure
- Experience with Atlassian Confluence and Jira tools
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Knowledge of API and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience working in AWS environment
- Participating or facilitating production outage troubleshooting sessions and providing root cause explanations to leadership
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: agile, lean, confluence, jira
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!