Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented IT Manager (145014). Do you have experience with IT Management? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
The Pricing and Ticketing API Engineering Team is responsible for the development and support of services products that provide rental operations business capabilities. In this role, you will manage an API engineering team, responsible for developing and implementing rental fulfillment APIs to have the capabilities discoverable and accessed in the API Market Place. You will work closely with the API Office and client teams such as tablets, mobile applications and websites to ensure a consistent rental experience for our customers. It is a very exciting time to be a part of Pricing and Ticketing API Engineering, as we support the development of new clients and enable our business to grow through the implementation of new capabilities. In the coming years, we have several initiatives planned to continue to evolve our services to align with our new API first strategy.
As a Manager, you will have accountability for a team of software engineers, business analysts and test automation engineers. Your primary responsibilities will include working with your team to gather requirements, design API specifications and develop cloud based APIs designed with an outside-in approach, in a timely manner to ensure the efficient and proper functioning of application components. Support of on-call rotations is a requirement of this role. You will establish priorities, drive issues to resolution and provide management with frequent updates. Ongoing monitoring of the health of the rental APIs and proactive identification of potential issues are key to this role. Daily activities will include collaboration with the API Office, client teams and other services product management. You will also be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures. Your team, in addition to implementing new functionality, will also be responsible for code modifications to resolve issues, meeting all development, PII and PCI security standards. You must be able to work in a fast paced, development environment and have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
As a manager, you will be responsible for developing a vision for your team, setting key performance indicators, improving and evolving processes and establishing effective communication plans with both internal and client teams. It is imperative to have the ability to manage talent effectively, as well as coach and lead others through career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews. You will also coordinate and communicate development/change efforts with other EHI teams and initiate, build and maintain strong relationships across IT and Corporate areas. You will be responsible for developing and implementing solutions with adherence to IT policies and architectural standards, and participating in the development of processes and procedures for all enterprise class distributed technology. To be successful in this role, you will need to be a proven self-starter that thrives in a team environment.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 6 or more years of related IT experience
- 3 or more years of experience managing IT projects or initiatives
- 2 or more years of experience managing technically skilled individuals and teams
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and/or a similar tool
- Experience in leading successful change through an IT software development lifecycle
- Experience in business communications and interactions with senior management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Broad IT tool knowledge spanning software, infrastructure and support services
- Excellent at building and maintaining relationships across and outside of IT
- Proven resource manager in anticipating skill needs, planning and building alliances to balance coverage demands across multiple teams
- Proven at taking initiative and driving a plan effectively
- Secure in independent judgment and autonomous decision makin
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience with agile development methodologies and tools such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience in an application development environment
- Knowledge of API and service oriented architecture (SOA)
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: IT Manager
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!