Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented IT Lead Architect (148062). Do you have experience with MS Azure Platforms, Spark or Streaming Technologies? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
The Cloud Data Engineering Team is responsible for building out the Cloud based data assets and APIs to deliver on the Corporate Data Strategy and support the data and analytic needs of other Strategic efforts. This Lead Architect will be responsible for driving build-out and standardization in technologies, processes and patterns used in our Cloud Data Engineering efforts. As a Lead Architect, you will be a technical lead to a high performing agile team in designing & building out both streaming and batch data pipelines and datasets.
A key component of this function will be ensuring the technologies, architectures, and patterns used to build our Data solutions are robust, scalable, resilient, secure, re-useable, and well understood by our development teams. As a lead Architect on the Cloud Data Engineering team you will play an important role in establishing the goals, road-maps and KPIs for measuring success. You will work closely with the Technical leads across our Cloud Data Engineering Data Domain teams as well as the Technical leads across the entire Data Engineering organization to establish standards, best practices and promote adoption of those in building our Solutions. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of cloud infrastructure, data streaming technologies and processes.
- Contributes to the development of strategic planning for the department and communicates clear, concise strategic vision
- Works on large, complex initiatives that address future concepts, products or technologies; analyzes and evaluates all variable factors and risk
- Defines, develops, communicates, and implements standards, processes, and procedures for the team or department
- Maintains effective relationships with all levels of company management, internal and external customers that promotes understanding and produces results for both parties
- Establishes and monitors key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures
- Provides guidance and oversight across multiple solutions to ensure that the technologies are secure, interoperate and connect appropriately and also support company vision and strategy
- Actively coaches, mentors and teaches others; uses influence, expertise and leadership to support other teams as they implement solutions
- Applies advanced knowledge of professional concepts and company objectives to resolve a wide range of complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Has significant autonomy over day-to-day work and the planning of new assignments or projects
- Attracts and develops employees capable of achieving the goals and objectives of the company
- Protects our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions; ensures security policy and procedure requirements are met; continuously identifies opportunities for improving security and implements strategies to improve our security posture
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- The IT Lead Architect position requires 8+ years of related experience
- Experience with Microsoft Azure platform technologies such as: Databricks/Spark applications, Azure Functions, Cosmos DB, Event Hub, SQL DB, Synapse Analytics, Data Factory, and Azure DevOps
- Experience working with unstructured data
- Experience building and optimizing real-time big data pipelines, architectures and data sets leveraging cloud technologies
- Knowledge and working experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with designing and building re-useable patterns
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Ability to communicate at all levels, build and foster relationships, including coaching and mentoring other architects, engineers, and business leaders
- Proven ability to operate in a highly autonomous fashion, repeatedly exercises exceptional, independent judgment; balances strategic against tactical planning
- Must possess strong communication skills and the ability to effectively defend ideas and solutions; produce business relevant presentations, convey complex information in a manner that is easily understood and actionable to both non-technical and technical leaders
- Must demonstrate flexibility and agility related to critical thinking and making decisions with complex considerations as it relates to business implications
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience with Kafka, EventHub, CosmosDB, Scala, Python, Spark, Delta Lake, SQL, and PowerShell
- Experience in architecting and operating Fortune 100 sized cloud-based data solutions or similar
- Experience building APIs
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: MS Azure, Databricks, Spark, Streaming, Cosmos DB, Event Hub
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
All offers of employment at Technology Partners are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and drug screening that meet corresponding laws and regulations at the city, state and federal level.