Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented IT Director (148121). Do you have experience with Big Data and Cloud? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
The Director of Data Management and Reporting Platforms will be responsible for the portfolio of platforms supporting the company’s data and reporting solutions, operational support for current state platforms; development, enhancement and support of the future state platforms, and consulting with data and application solution leaders to define and execute efforts that support the growth of the business.Â This role will leverage a combination of strategic, operational, and analytical experience to define and lead the strategic transformation of Data Management and Reporting Platforms within IT, lead technology implementation for critical initiatives, and own the execution of the deployment and support of the Data Management and Reporting Platforms. Your advice will be based on strong technical skills derived from experience developing, governing, and executing in a large-scale IT environment. As someone with keen problem-solving abilities, you can work equally well with business leaders to execute a strategy and technical teams to create an execution plan. As the leader in this area, you will be responsible for building strong relationships and identifying growth opportunities across short, medium, and long-term horizons.Â Â
This role requires transformational, operations-oriented leadership, with a strong emphasis on creating a highly-engaged, high performing team.Â Â Managing 3rd party relationships, contractors, and vendors is also important as that has been a traditional method for introducing innovation and resourcing project work. The success of this role involves driving results through engagement with and balancing the needs of global business stakeholders and close collaboration with multiple IT teams to ensure adherence to information, data, security, privacy and solution architecture principles, guidelines, standards, and best practices.Â Â
This individual will have a track record of strong leadership in a large IT organization, and experience deploying and supporting global, highly available, business critical capabilities in a cloud-based and on-premise environment. As a people manager and leader, this individual must possess the willingness to diversify skills and champion new innovations and solutions while fostering a culture of speed, agility, collaboration, high engagement, high performance and operational excellence.Â
- Accountable to build, enhance, deploy and support the next generation Data and Reporting product platforms.
- Accountable to drive the operation, development, evolution and implementation of?the Data and Reporting platform solutions portfolio, including the design, build, deployment, management and support of solutions across multiple technology platforms, including both on premise and cloud-based hosting environments.Â
- Continually invest in relationship and personal growth to become a trusted partner for Senior business leadership, Product, and IT leadership leading to opportunities for expansion of responsibilities.Â
- Identify and rationalize the intersection of multiple multi-year strategic initiatives which requires significant partnership and alignment with the functional leaders of each of the teams that support daily operations (Product Management, Operations, Technology, Security, Privacy and Compliance).Â
- Partner cross functionally and align the IT Officers across the organization to ensure a balanced posture of speedy progress and risk to business-critical systems.Â
- Partner with key stakeholders to formulate a comprehensive technology plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations.Â
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture to develop new application policies and standards.Â
- Partner with vendors and strategic partners to garner external industry standard methodologies, contracts and SLAs.Â
- Lead career development and succession management efforts to ensure retention, motivation, and engagement of current and future employees, with a focus on building a diverse and resilient organization.Â
- Actively coach and inspire your team with timely and actionable feedback.Â
- This is a Hybrid position that will require the individual to be onsite at one of our St. Louis based campuses, with the ability to travel between our local campuses as needed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- The IT Director position typically requires 9+ years of relevant experience in large scale Information Technology environmentÂ
- 5+ years of experience with infrastructure or application architecture, working with on-premise and cloud technology environments, or supporting the design of large technical implementations/data center migrations, including experience in one or more large organizations with a complex technology footprintÂ
- Demonstrated success in people leadership including mentorship and ability to attract and develop employees capable of achieving the goals and objectives of the company; past success identifying and targeting talent for new opportunities for further individual and organizational development; and experience having difficult conversations.
- Proven ability to make effective decisions efficiently, clearly communicating the value of each as well as the benefits of an IT data strategy to both IT and business leadersÂ
- Executive presence with ability to influence and collaborate throughout all levels of the organizationÂ
- Experience working with agile methodologies and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Architects, Developers, Test Engineers)Â
- Previous experience successfully managing third party vendor relationships
- Demonstrated success in achieving desired outcomes of complex projectsÂ Â
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, and problem-solving skillsÂ
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiencesÂ
- Commitment to protecting our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions; ensures security policy and procedure requirements are met; continuously identifies opportunities for improving security and implements strategies to improve our security postureÂ
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience in operation solutions and/or platforms in the Microsoft Azure environment is preferred
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Big Data, Cloud, Operations, MS Azure
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
All offers of employment at Technology Partners are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and drug screening that meet corresponding laws and regulations at the city, state and federal level.